75,000 fans sign petition for Modern Warfare 2 remake

rares209

Registered
Mar 9, 2015
A significant number of Call of Duty fans are calling for a remake of Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 for PS4 and Xbox One.

VG247 reports on a the growing petition being hosted onChange.org, which currently carries more than 75,000 signatures.

The petition is seeking 150,000 total signatures before being forwarded to Activision – specifically executives Jason West and Bobby Kotick.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launched in 2009 for PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms. It smashed day one sales records at the time, and went on to surpass $1bn in sales.

08089f57ae36462fde1576ef32e542b9.jpg

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/75-000-fans-sign-petition-for-modern-warfare-2-remake/0146426?

That'd be quite interesting, but since I play on the PC, this petition has no bearing for me. There is much nostalgia to be had in playing this old game.

Ugh. Yeah, because we don't already have enough recycled IPs and remakes.

This doesn't even surprise me that much. Modern warfare 2 might be my favorite Call of Duty game ever. I played it a quite a lot and enjoyed it very much, would be nice to see those petitions working. Also credits to whoever thought about this idea and started making it happen.

Ugh. Yeah, because we don't already have enough recycled IPs and remakes.
I'd rather have a well-made Modern Warfare than the recent shitty Call of Duty games that were Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. If they are going to churn out new Call of Duty games every couple years it might as well follow in the footsteps of their most well-received game before they went downhill.

A Forbes writer mentioned that a great idea would be to redo the MW trilogy for fans. He said it made sense for Activision to make more money (and that the original developer didn't even have to be the one to do it). He then pointed out that it obviously makes sense for fans, since most people would consider MW1 and MW2 the best games in the series.

I'd like to see it happen, and I could even enjoy MW3 (the weakest of the three by far) again.

I'd rather have a well-made Modern Warfare than the recent shitty Call of Duty games that were Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. If they are going to churn out new Call of Duty games every couple years it might as well follow in the footsteps of their most well-received game before they went downhill.

Then don't buy the Call of Duty games, if they aren't great? It's not like there isn't enough games coming out already.

Well, wherever Bobby Kotick is involved, it seems like games go downhill quickly. He's all about the bottom line, not about making good games.

I'd definitely play a remade MW2, because it was probably my favorite game in the series. It would make me so happy to see it remade on a modern engine.

Well, wherever Bobby Kotick is involved, it seems like games go downhill quickly. He's all about the bottom line, not about making good games.
No wonder why the COD games have not been doing too well. It would be nice to see a remake of the COD MW2 game it should reinvent the modern warfare series.

This is an awesome project. It is so nice too see that people demand a game remake from Activision. And I think it would be nice to happen for two main reasons: Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the best Call of Duties ever and secondly, it will show that Activision really cared about its customers and they will set a powerful example in the industry.

Reactions: Zyni
This is an awesome project. It is so nice too see that people demand a game remake from Activision. And I think it would be nice to happen for two main reasons: Modern Warfare 2 was probably one of the best Call of Duties ever and secondly, it will show that Activision really cared about its customers and they will set a powerful example in the industry.

Well, it would be nice for those who are interested in it, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Activision seems to be trying to tie with EA for most hated these days, lol. They had to give Diablo III away, and some Diablo fans that got it free were still mad. That's how lame it was.

Am I the only one surprised that people aren't asking for a remake of the original Modern Warfare? I always thought it was better, and more popular. I would play either one honestly. I still enjoy the Call of Duty series, but I don't buy them at launch, never feels worth it to me.

Why. Like holy cow people, let's move on to other things. A graphical upgrade for FF7 would be far more interesting.

A significant number of Call of Duty fans are calling for a remake of Infinity Ward's Modern Warfare 2 for PS4 and Xbox One.

VG247 reports on a the growing petition being hosted onChange.org, which currently carries more than 75,000 signatures.

The petition is seeking 150,000 total signatures before being forwarded to Activision – specifically executives Jason West and Bobby Kotick.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launched in 2009 for PC, Mac, PS3 and Xbox 360 platforms. It smashed day one sales records at the time, and went on to surpass $1bn in sales.

08089f57ae36462fde1576ef32e542b9.jpg

Source: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/75-000-fans-sign-petition-for-modern-warfare-2-remake/0146426?
Seems a little odd to me to be honest. I mean, if 75,000 people like Modern Warfare 2 so much, then why don't those 75,000 just keep playing Modern Warfare 2? What's the point in remaking it if it's just going to be the same game again? Okay, so the graphics, animation, sound effects, etc might be slightly better but there really isn't a significant difference enough to justify doing it.

Why. Like holy cow people, let's move on to other things. A graphical upgrade for FF7 would be far more interesting.

Well, it's a different company for one thing. They're talking about petitioning Activision and Square (soft) Enix makes the FF games. But, my daughter would love a remake of FF7. It's her favorite thing ever.

That would be amazing. However, there's a very low chance this will actually happen. However, I hope this happens sometime in the near future.

Activision really did care about their customers which is great so it made sense why the game sold more copies than the later COD games. I never played any of the COD games. Made me wish I had a really good PC.

I think this is extremely ironic. So many fans of Call of Duty have been complaining for years that each new CoD release is the same thing with updated graphics and different maps. After all of these complaints, the community is asking for a port of a game to the latest gen. I hope they realize that it will be the same game, with slightly updated graphics. If it is released for $60, I will surely avoid buying it and I will be surprised if there is a high demand for it.