52 Pick-Up (What Are You Buying This Week?)

Squints

Registered
Mar 21, 2006
CT, USA
Haha, isn't that a funny title? Anyway, from what I've read (which isn't much), there isn't really a "What are you playing" or "Whats the newest game you've played?" etc. topic. So I made one. And here it is!

This week of March 21st I bought Tetris DS and Metroid Prime: Hunters. I'm sure a few of you got Elder Scrolls for Xbox 360 or PC, if you have enough money for an Xbox 360 or a gaming rig to play such a game. Anyone bother getting Godfather, Suikoden V, Splinter Cell Essentials 9did that ship?), Me and My Katamari, CMT Karaoke, MGS Acid 2...?

I am addicted to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the 360 and will be for quite a while. Hopefully later in the week i can go pick up Oblivion

Yup. It's a decent online game, my #2 PS2 game for online (behind SOCOM). Though, there are several better online shooters on the Xbox.

Playing Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter as well....just picked up yesterday and as Cohesion has said, it is amazing.....Still playing Halo 2 online and the Outfit Demo........I'm contemplating getting New York Undercover: Criminal Intent the game

Yo Squints, 52 Pickup is a kick ass film, Roy Scheider was the man back in the day. You check out The Sorcerer (the title is misleading, it has nothing to do with magic) made circa 1977.

... I wasn't refering to that. Haha. I was refering to the card game, the fact that there are indeed 52 weeks in a year, and every week a new game is out to pick up.

I am currently playing Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 for next month's column. It's fun, but I keep dying and it's more than a little frustrating. However, it's much more managable (at least for me) than the Baldur's Gate games, because it's a console game. I do much better with a controller than a mouse and keypad.

While Ghost Recon is an outstanding game I have been waiting for solid rpg to hit the self for Xbox and since Morrowind was the Best RPG in years, the follow up for the 360 had to be even more enveloping so I went and picked it up. Now Oblivion Special edtion has been in my 360 since Monday night and I don't see it going back to its box anytime soon. "Sit Oblivion, Sit, Good Dog."

I wouldn't have expected so many people to keep Oblivion to the side to play GRAW. Then again, I don't think that many hardcore RPG players were really waiting in line to buy their 360s, even with Elder Scrolls announced. I don't think they believe in Microsoft's support for the RPG genre...

Thing is Sony has held the RPG market hand of fist since PS1. If Xbox 360 takes the bull by the horns and runs with the idea of MMORPG's on live it could happen. We won't know untill some of them lunch late in 07. Lets hope for the best.

I think once I'm a bit more mobile I may go get Shadow Hearts 3 (from the New World) and see if Prince of Persia 3 is on resale for a cheaper price.

But I'm really saving my pennies up for FFXII!

I'm probably not buying any games yet....but the ones i will get soon will probably be College BBall 2K6 for the 360 and definitely the Fight Night for the 360.....both have addicting gameplay and the graphics are sooooo real...

There isn't gonna be an NCAA Basketball 2k6. EA bought the exclusive rights to NCAA football and basketball. Same deal as the NFL.