What is your favorite RPG?

Chris_A

Registered
Sep 20, 2015
As mostly an RPG gamer on PC, I have to say that my favorite RPGs are the old Infinity Engine games (Baldur`s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment) along with Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but also the Deus Ex franchise as a whole. What are your favorite PC RPG games?

Saying this is a tough choice is an understatement; I could list most of Bethesda's or Bioware's works and not be able to decide which is better. But if I take out gameplay that involves mods, I would pick Dragon Age. DA:O was the first one I owned, though I never managed to beat it.

I loved the mix of RPG, strategic combat, and amazing story; I became a Dragon Age fan after that and played every game in the series. My favorite so far is Inquisition. It has a substantial amount of side quests, some amazing memorable characters, and a compelling story. If you haven't tried it, you should buy a copy.

I've definitely played Neverwinter Nights (for the PC) the most out of all RPGs, I think... But then again I've sunk in a ridiculous amount of time in Skyrim, as with most people who've played that beautiful delicious marvel that is that game.

That's a really tough question to answer. Dragon Age: Origins was awesome, and I loved it. So was Mass Effect, wonderful game. Both Bioware, and both I've wanted to start over as soon as I finished. Of course, talking about Bioware, we must mention Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, which now that I really think of it is my pick as my favourite RPG... Until someone posts a game I forgot about and change my pick. ;)

Tough choice. For the PC it's probably Dragon Age: Origins. I enjoy the franchise in general, but Origins has an excellent mixture of storytelling and strategic combat that the other two games never quite managed to meet. Though I still hate the Mage Tower bit.

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 are close seconds. I think I liked KOTOR 2 a lot more than most people, even though it wasn't really a completed game.

My favorite rpg game ever was Final Fantasy VI (to some people Final Fantasy III), I loved the story behind it and the gameplay. Well, mostly the story as its graphics are more like cardboard cutouts on screen and didn't move much. It's the journey and virtual story delivery that got me interested and hooked on it. A very good piece of literature if it was written as a book. Next to it, I also liked Suikoden II. Much the same as Final Fantasy VI.

As mostly an RPG gamer on PC, I have to say that my favorite RPGs are the old Infinity Engine games (Baldur`s Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment) along with Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but also the Deus Ex franchise as a whole. What are your favorite PC RPG games?
I actually just bought Iceland Dale on steam yesterday. I have always been a huge fan of JRPGs that I sort of missed out on all the good RPGS so I am going out and trying to catch up on those. So far it has been an utter blast playing it, do you have any recommendations for me to play?

I reckon for me it would have to be Dragon Age Origins as you are the main guy and saving the world from the arch-demon and uniting the country, so that there is unity of the people and gaining their trust to win the battle. I liked the characters and also how choices affected the game like Bhelen although a tyrant is about moving forward and removing the caste order, so Dwarves are united and trade flows with the surface. Harrowmont is a traditional guy only doing things for the nobles and not moving trades and a bad ruler, which causes problems and not as strong of a ruler as Bhelen is and have never sided with him.

I definitely have to pick Dragon Age Origins as my favorite, with an honorable mention for Fallout 3. DA:O really captivated my attention and immersed me in it's world. I have never binged on a game as hard as I did for DA:O. The combination of great voice acting, character development, an epic story, and an in-depth tactical combat system meshed beautifully.

I actually just bought Iceland Dale on steam yesterday. I have always been a huge fan of JRPGs that I sort of missed out on all the good RPGS so I am going out and trying to catch up on those. So far it has been an utter blast playing it, do you have any recommendations for me to play?

Well, apart from what I have already mentioned, there are those you can read up on this thread. Dragon Age: Origins for sure, but not only the first one, but also 2 and 3. I would highly recommend Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic too you, as well. And you should play both parts, because they are equally good. The entire Neverwinter Nights franchise is extremely good. And also, check out Alpha Protocol, for a good RPG that is something else. ;)

I'd have to go a little more old school on this one and say that my favorite rpg is Chrono Trigger for Super Nintendo. I've been playing it for 20 years (not straight, ha ha) and I still haven't gotten all the endings nor have I gotten sick of the fighting system as it's friggin' awesome. Definitely my favorite rpg.

Pokemon; It's just so timeless, fun, simple and complex at the same time and constantly improved itself.

I think I would have to go with Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It excels in every aspect, in my opinion. The soundtrack and combat system are top-tier and I've yet to see a turn-based RPG with a combat system as good as Nocturne's, other than Shin Megami Tensei IV which is its sequel.

My favorite RPG is World of Warcraft, it has amazing graphics and you have the ability to roam the game alone or with several other players. Though it does have a monthly subscription fee. For me it is worth it, though I dont buy the subscription on the months that I know I will not be playing for very long, like during December or June and July. However, I find it is an amazing game that allows you to make friends and if anyone's like me I stay at home with the children and work from home, so in my spare time I play WOW with my guild.

Reactions: Wulphzlayre
My favourite RPG is Neverwinter, I love how you have the ability to complete dungeons with players and help your friends out with missions, heck you can even complete the whole storyline with each other. Not to mention setting up parties is quick and simple. There’s no doubt in my mind that Neverwinter is most certainly a fun game to play, standing proudly amongst the other F2P MMOs as one of the front liners. However, the suspect use of the F2P model along with a linear, unimaginative quest progression and a lack of good end game content make me feel it still has much to grow before I can proclaim it to be the F2P that completely wiped away the stigma they hold in today's game market.

RPGs have always been my favorite type of video games. I've played a lot in my time, but there's a few that stand out to me and will always be fun in my opinion. In fact, one of the very first RPGs I played was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's not a very new game, so the graphics are lower quality than what some people might like, but they don't bother me considering the quality of gameplay it has to offer. There are hundreds and hundreds of quests to complete, even after you finish the main story. Each one is so creative and detailed, I feel like I'll never get bored of the game since there's always something new to discover! I've been playing it for 6 or 7 years now, and it still blows my mind every time I play it.

If you want something newer though, another favorite of mine is Dragon Age: Inquisition. Before I played that game, I felt like no other RPG could come to par with Oblivion. However, I was proved wrong from the moment I began playing. Since it game out only a year or so ago, the graphics are absolutely beautiful and the scenery really adds to the realism of the game. Personally, I love things related to elves, magic, dwarves, etc. in video games, and Dragon Age definitely delivers on that aspect. Like Oblivion, there's a wide range of side quests available, and you may do them in any order you wish. Some of them even allow you to create a closer bond with other characters in the game, which I really enjoy. While playing, I found myself constantly on the edge of my seat. There's never a dull moment when you play this game, and I only recommend playing if you're willing to sacrifice an entire week of your time, because you're not going to want to leave your computer.

Those two RPGs are by far the best I've ever played. Many people praise Skyrim for being the best RPG, but I think Oblivion and Dragon Age: Inquisition beat it by a long shot. I like to be as immersed into a game as possible, and that's pretty easy to do when the game is as high-quality and intense as these are. I'd recommend them to anyone who wants an escape from reality like no other.

My favourite RPG is Neverwinter, I love how you have the ability to complete dungeons with players and help your friends out with missions, heck you can even complete the whole storyline with each other. Not to mention setting up parties is quick and simple. There’s no doubt in my mind that Neverwinter is most certainly a fun game to play, standing proudly amongst the other F2P MMOs as one of the front liners. However, the suspect use of the F2P model along with a linear, unimaginative quest progression and a lack of good end game content make me feel it still has much to grow before I can proclaim it to be the F2P that completely wiped away the stigma they hold in today's game market.

I really like Neverwinter as well. It has its flaws, no doubt about it, but it also has a certain charm that makes me always come back to it. I also love the fact that the developers stay true to the source material, and that makes the gamer really feel like a part of the Neverwinter universe. I`m curios what they will be doing with the game in the future, but it is definitely one of my favorite MMOs so far.

The Witcher series are RPG games, right? If so, I guess these are the only RPGs I played in my adult life. When I was a kid I played a lot of RPGs in a SEGA emulator but I have no specific memories of any of them. I only played the Witcher 2 and 3. 2 was amazing but 3 completely blew me away. Such an amazing and complex open world game.