Is there any way I can play my brother's GTA:V copy on Steam?

MisterRay97

Registered
Jan 17, 2015
My brother purchased a copy of GTA:V for himself on a Steam sale. I would like to play it, but it's not allowing me to, even using Steam Family Sharing due to Social Club's restrictions. Can I play the game without purchasing another copy for myself somehow? I just want to play the single-player storyline and free-roam around the city. I don't mind if I have to keep separate save files or something, I just want to play the single-player mode.

Without resorting to... less-legal ... methods, best you can do is probably share the account, both Steam and Social Club. (as in, sign in as your brother)

this isn't really allowed, but it isn't a problem unless you start letting more people in.

Check with isthereanydeal, there's a promo at DLgamer, $37.19 for GTA5

It's the lowest it's been for while!
That's really not low for me since the game costs $40 in my country at full price. Anyways, I think the game offers separate single-player save files like previous GTA games? If it does, I'll just use my brother's Steam and Social Club accounts to play it, but I'm not sure if he would lose any progress. Do you have any idea?