Annoyances with the PS4

Jack123

Swagalicious
Registered
Dec 10, 2014
Hey,

I'm looking into purchasing another console in the next 2-3 months, likely an Xbox One, but a PS4 is also an option.

To help me choose, I'd like some specific things to compare with.

Reply below with any annoyances you face with the PS4. :)

If you're just looking for annoyances I can't say I have any. I miss the XMB of the PS3, but it isn't a big deal.

I can't say anything really annoys me about it to this point. It takes some getting used to, sure, but I haven't been met with something and found myself thinking how stupid or inconvenient it was.

I don't have it so these are all hearsay, yeah? But my two friends who bought it have commented that there were too little differences between what a PS3 can bring and what the PS4 brings for it to be an entirely different console as opposed to a PS3 update. I don't know if PS4 has released an update since then (they bought it months ago) so it might have better advantages now but that's what they say mostly. I think they like it well enough since they like a lot of games for the playstation.

Another friend has a PS4 and an Xbox One and liked the latter because while it had a bad start, there were more games in Xbox for my friend and it apparently has better GPU while PS4 has better CPU.

I guess it would depend mostly on what games you want to play? I have no future plans to buy another console so I never really checked which console has games I prefer or exclusives.

I don't have it so these are all hearsay, yeah? But my two friends who bought it have commented that there were too little differences between what a PS3 can bring and what the PS4 brings for it to be an entirely different console as opposed to a PS3 update. I don't know if PS4 has released an update since then (they bought it months ago) so it might have better advantages now but that's what they say mostly. I think they like it well enough since they like a lot of games for the playstation.

Another friend has a PS4 and an Xbox One and liked the latter because while it had a bad start, there were more games in Xbox for my friend and it apparently has better GPU while PS4 has better CPU.

I guess it would depend mostly on what games you want to play? I have no future plans to buy another console so I never really checked which console has games I prefer or exclusives.
I'm assuming they were talking about the features and not the games? I kind of agree, but I think it's understandable since technology has a point where it plateaus for any gadget. I think the biggest selling opting they have is that you could stream your games on a Vita either locally or even remotely if you have a good enough internet connection, but honestly I don't think that would get enough use from me to justify paying the expensive price tag.

I'm assuming they were talking about the features and not the games? I kind of agree, but I think it's understandable since technology has a point where it plateaus for any gadget. I think the biggest selling opting they have is that you could stream your games on a Vita either locally or even remotely if you have a good enough internet connection, but honestly I don't think that would get enough use from me to justify paying the expensive price tag.

Yep, they were talking about the features. They said there weren't enough marked differences between PS3 and PS4 for it to be a different console (with that price) so they don't really recommend that I (or my other friends) get it. They enjoy enough games that are playable in the PS4 it's not a totally useless buy, but they both think it's not worth buying an entirely new console for. Especially since there weren't enough PS4 exclusives they wanted to play to justify the new console.

(I, on the other hand, don't really care because I get to play PS4 games when I'm visiting them. :p)

The PlayStation 4 is a pretty solid console, but the user interface falls a little flat if you ask me. Otherwise, you might find PSN down a little more than you'd like, especially compared to Xbox Live. Then the only issues will come down to the individual games and whatever bugs are affecting them. I don't have any real qualms with the PS4 at the moment.

The OS can be glitchy. Now and then the PS Store or companions rundown takes briefly to load. Things get anxious in some cases in the event that you utilize the web program to watch features for quite a while.

It takes a bit to scroll through all the application tiles in the new xmb, on the off chance that you need to utilize an application you haven't utilized as a part of a while

Here and there the machine gets a plate stuck in it and you need to physically launch it.

Here and there it will provide for you issues if your power goes out while the comfort is in standby mode.

The controller has a short battery life

Yep, they were talking about the features. They said there weren't enough marked differences between PS3 and PS4 for it to be a different console (with that price) so they don't really recommend that I (or my other friends) get it. They enjoy enough games that are playable in the PS4 it's not a totally useless buy, but they both think it's not worth buying an entirely new console for. Especially since there weren't enough PS4 exclusives they wanted to play to justify the new console.

(I, on the other hand, don't really care because I get to play PS4 games when I'm visiting them. :p)
Lol. I do that too. I always wait until my friends get the new games or consoles first because they're always excited to anyway so that I could test it out first or at least I will get the benefits without having to pay for it or have trouble getting too addicted. As for the features, yeah, they do seem a bit short on the wow factor but I guess it's understandable. Maybe someday in the near future they would offer an update and it would have more features.

Two things I had problems with PS4, it reboots games at times like a windows crash and the bloody controllers are cheaply made because after a month and a half of use the R2 trigger spring has become sticky, which PS3 controllers were built to sustain damage far much longer. I've only had my system since last December, so I don't have much overall judgment of the systems performance. However, my brother did buy a Xbox One, and that system broke easily when his baby son jammed a CD into the disc loader.