Credit "Stealing"

Should we remove the option for users to Steal Credits?

• Yes of course I hate phools who steal mah stuff

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No way, I love trying to smash and grab!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I dont really care Im just trolling along..

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nonsiccus

Registered
Dec 4, 2014
I see that the credit system is gaining some momentum and wanted to address this point. I logged in earlier to an alert that said that my credits had been stolen.

I have two major issues with this: I had no idea if that meant my account had been compromised, and second, after I determined that it was a part of the credit minigame system.. I felt somewhat dirty for being taken advantage of.

I'm not sure having members stealing points from each other is a way to develop a cohesive community. I personally don't care for the credits one way or another, but I can imagine some people would get rather attached to their points much in the same way some forumgoers love their post totals.

Is this really a good idea for community building?

Reactions: dillinger10
I agree with this. I also logged in to find that my credits had been stolen. I personally don't care about the credits although I do worry that by stealing credits from other users it may harbor feelings of ill will or retaliation. The last thing anyone wants is to have personal vendettas or flame wars started over this.

I think it is a good thing for the community.. Stealing credits doesnt work all of the time, and leave the theif with less credits for trying.. Anyone else on this topic?

I don't understand the concept of stealing these credits in the slightest and I'm not going to try to. I really don't have an interest in the whole credit system in general, truth be told. Anyway, at least for now I don't care if it stays with the credits being fairly worthless, but I read in another thread that the store was being expanded so that won't be so for long. As a result, I do believe it'll cause more issues than benefits long term assuming both the store and the user base expand.

For an example, I am more than a bit confident in saying that I'd be ticked if I saved up points to buy random store item X and when I was just on the cusp of achieving it or I had the points and was on my way to buy some of my points are gone I'd be less than pleased. Yes, I could get more points just by posting and in the grand scheme of things it matters naught, but why should I even have to deal with the possibility? I shouldn't. Thus, I should either be given an opt-out option, which I doubt could exist, or it should just be done away with in short order.

I don't understand the concept of stealing these credits in the slightest and I'm not going to try to. I really don't have an interest in the whole credit system in general, truth be told. Anyway, at least for now I don't care if it stays with the credits being fairly worthless, but I read in another thread that the store was being expanded so that won't be so for long. As a result, I do believe it'll cause more issues than benefits long term assuming both the store and the user base expand.

For an example, I am more than a bit confident in saying that I'd be ticked if I saved up points to buy random store item X and when I was just on the cusp of achieving it or I had the points and was on my way to buy some of my points are gone I'd be less than pleased. Yes, I could get more points just by posting and in the grand scheme of things it matters naught, but why should I even have to deal with the possibility? I shouldn't. Thus, I should either be given an opt-out option, which I doubt could exist, or it should just be done away with in short order.

I totally agree with all of this. I just want to know is a like a false safe system to make sure some people don't get a lot of points or what? I got my credits stolen and I didn't really know how to react. It just seems pretty pointless if everytime I start to accumalte a lot of points, I get robbed.

Will something get put in place to at least stop these guys from doing this?

I just don't understand the incentive for including a system like this in a community where people are supposed to get along and hold meaningful discussion. It just seems like an addon feature that's mindlessly tacked on without consideration of the overall theme of the place.

I get that minigames help retain traffic, but in this case, this mechanic is both unfun and doesn't really add anything to the community.

I think it is a good thing for the community.. Stealing credits doesnt work all of the time, and leave the theif with less credits for trying.. Anyone else on this topic?
What do you mean it doesn't work all the time? So there's a bit of RNG in play here?

I don't have any strong feelings any which way in regards to the stealing in general. I just don't see how it contributes to building a good environment for forums.

I logged in a few minutes ago and found this in my alerts:

FM0QNjn.png

I find that kind of humorous.

Reactions: Lovely01
Or at least make it an opt-in type of thing. If you want to steal credits, then you must also be willing to be stolen from. Make it so that by default, it's off and people can choose to participate if they want to.

LOL barely noticed this, I don't really care about credits, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with them :/ but yeah, this is definitely not a good idea, someone just needs your name to leave you empty o_O