Newest Pokemon games

Strykstar

Registered
Dec 3, 2014
Has anyone bought the new Pokemon games Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby?
I'm not the biggest fan of that generation so I don't think I'll be buying either of these games, does anyone know whether it adds something significant over Pokemon X and Y?

I was thinking I was going to buy them, but I never ended up doing so. I just kept on going into GameStop and looking over, but walking out with different things.

I even picked up a card they had laying out for free demos of both games and just put it down.

I loved Pokemon Y and it revitalized my interest in the series, but these new remakes haven't excited me in the slightest.

I haven't really researched them too much though, maybe I should.

Pokemon X and Y were nothing other than the 3D update, which was a novelty more than anything else. It didn't add anything to the game aside from a new perspective. It's the same with AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby, unfortunately. Those were classic games and two of my favorites, but these updates aren't worth the cost. I'd rather pick up the original versions and play those, to be honest.

I don't know if it's really significant but it does add that one fairy type monster you can't get without getting the game in addition to the primal/new mega evolutions in regards to some of the pokemon seem relatively worth it for those who seek to literally catch them all.

Pokemon X and Y were nothing other than the 3D update, which was a novelty more than anything else. It didn't add anything to the game aside from a new perspective. It's the same with AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby, unfortunately. Those were classic games and two of my favorites, but these updates aren't worth the cost. I'd rather pick up the original versions and play those, to be honest.

What? X and Y added a new entire generation of 70 Pokémon, how can you say the only added the 3D view?
Not only that, they are arguably some of the best Pokemon games, but I'll concede that that's a personal opinion unlike the previous point.

I've bought the original pokémon sapphire about a month before alpha sapphire was announced, I think I would have bought the original sapphire anyway, even though there's a remake. Those original games just have this thing I can't explain, but I really like. Oh and to make things clear, I didn't buy alpha sapphire since I have to original now.

Pokemon HeartGold was by far, in my opinion, the best Pokemon game.Being a huge fan of Pokemon Gold and Silver, I was excited to see they were making remakes. And when I actually played the game, I was highly impressed!

I feel that they have improved the gameplay, but they blew it by adding tons of random, unoriginal Pokémons. The triple battle system that came with Pokémon Black/White, is really fun to play, especially on multiplayer, but using a snow cone to fight, isn't very fun.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
I feel that they have improved the gameplay, but they blew it by adding tons of random, unoriginal Pokémons. The triple battle system that came with Pokémon Black/White, is really fun to play, especially on multiplayer, but using a snow cone to fight, isn't very fun.

Indeed, I've got the feeling that they're just trying to add as much pokémon to the game as they can, which in my eyes is actually ruining the original feeling from sapphire / ruby, and it's now more like a completely new game which resembles the old one, instead of a remake.

I was really looking forward to playing this. Emerald Version was my favorite generation. But, they took away some things they introduced in X & Y. The biggest was the trainer customization. I thought that was a huge thing in X & Y and then it was gone.

I'm working my way through the post game content in Omega Ruby, and just beat the Elite Four in Alpha Sapphire. They are just more fun Pokemon games. But with sooo many legendaries to catch and breeding is easier than ever.

Go have some fun guys.

I'm working my way through the post game content in Omega Ruby, and just beat the Elite Four in Alpha Sapphire. They are just more fun Pokemon games. But with sooo many legendaries to catch and breeding is easier than ever.

Go have some fun guys.

Thanks for the feedback on the games. I've been planning to pick these up eventually. I enjoyed Ruby and Sapphire, so I'm looking forward to playing these remakes.

I bought Omega Ruby, and have finished the game and the Delta Episode (post-game content), and I can say that it improves a ton over both Pokemon X and Y. If you enjoyed the original Ruby and Sapphire, then Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are both must play games!

One thing that I thoroughly enjoyed is the soar feature, where you can actually see where you are flying and control Latios while flying around through the sky. There are also so many legendaries available for capture that I don't think I'll ever run out of things to do within the game. :)

I had the same situation as TonyMHFan. I was going to buy the games at first, but as they released more gameplay videos, I realized that there wasn't much of a difference in the ORAS remake. Pokemon Emerald is one of my favorite games. However, I've played it again recently. I also have Pokemon Y, so I feel like the only reason for buying the new remake is to get the Mega/Primal Evolution stones. The designs of all the new Megas look good, especially the three legendaries. I don't think spending $40 just to get a few Pokemon would be worth it, though.

What? X and Y added a new entire generation of 70 Pokémon, how can you say the only added the 3D view?
Not only that, they are arguably some of the best Pokemon games, but I'll concede that that's a personal opinion unlike the previous point.

Sure, you can say they added 70 NEW Pokemon, but they might as well have been rehashes of previous Pokemon with the most uninspiring names I've ever heard of in my life. Black and White 1/2 were probably far better games than X and Y, despite the addition of 3D elements, which didn't really do much other than making the game more visually appealing.

Sure, you can say they added 70 NEW Pokemon, but they might as well have been rehashes of previous Pokemon with the most uninspiring names I've ever heard of in my life. Black and White 1/2 were probably far better games than X and Y, despite the addition of 3D elements, which didn't really do much other than making the game more visually appealing.

Well the quality and originality of the Pokemon is up for debate, but that's normal since there are over 500 now and there are only so many animals they can parody and still make a quality and fun Pokémon...
I'll agree with you that Black 2 was probably the best Pokemon game that has come out.