Laptop for gaming

jurew2

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
I've been using my laptop for playing games for over a year now, because I was moving from here to there the whole year and I didn't feel like to have a desktop that I almost never use. I have a not-so-hardcore gaming laptop that can run most of the games I play on high graphic quality, sometimes medium graphic quality if it's a graphical better game, but it still doesn't feel like a desktop PC. Is anyone else here that plays most of the games on the laptop?

I used to, but then I switched to a desktop. I was severely limited when it came to laptop gaming, although portability was nice. But for those who are looking for good laptops to game on, but don't want them to be too expensive, get a Lenovo. They're about one of the most reliable computers you can get.

I used to game on a laptop but I don't anymore. When I noticed that my laptop was getting slow I just decided to go for a desktop. You can't upgrade a laptop and usually when I played games it got really hot in my lap. When laptops overheat they have to underclock which means a huge drop in FPS. If I had to go with a gaming laptop I would go for the alienware laptops.

I used to game on a laptop but I don't anymore. When I noticed that my laptop was getting slow I just decided to go for a desktop. You can't upgrade a laptop and usually when I played games it got really hot in my lap. When laptops overheat they have to underclock which means a huge drop in FPS. If I had to go with a gaming laptop I would go for the alienware laptops.
I strongly recommend against Alienware. I had one and it was the biggest piece of garbage. It's currently sitting in my closet - a $2,000 brick. I had problems with it from day one, mostly display issues. It was supposed to be a top-of-the-line gaming powerhouse with dual GPUs and the works. I kept getting what I would call the "Green Screen of Death," where the entire screen would go green and black (not unlike the old MS-DOS systems back in the day).

When I tried to get support, I also got none. I happened to buy my system right at the wrong time. They were in the middle of the Alienware to Dell transition, and so the Alienware support center was shut down, and the Dell support center wouldn't support me.

After struggling on my own for months, the system eventually just died. It won't even power up anymore. I've never had a laptop brick as hard as this one.

Maybe I got a lemon, but I will never, ever use Alienware again.

I used to play games on my laptop, but most of the times,m I never bothered to finish games. The main reason was sluttering issues which made games quite unplayable. My new PC, on the other hand, is a beast.

Desktops are the way to go. You can only put so much resources in a small laptop case. With a desktop you can load up on RAM and upgrade the CPU at anytime.

Trust me when I say go for Desktops. They will fill your need and even though it isn't portable. It can be upgraded anytime and it cost less after you buy a desktop to upgrade than buying a whole new laptop. Its cheaper and it is better.

I've played games on an old laptop for two years, I just recently moved back to my home country and started using the desktop again. As long as your games aren't too hardware dependant it's completely fine to play on a laptop. The only real issue is that screen is too small.

Trust me when I say go for Desktops. They will fill your need and even though it isn't portable. It can be upgraded anytime and it cost less after you buy a desktop to upgrade than buying a whole new laptop. Its cheaper and it is better.
Furthermore, the maintenance on PC is much easier if you know what you doing. The parts are not squashed together, so there's much more room to work with.

Nowadays, I also tend to play on my laptop more often than my desktop. But this is because I mostly use my desktop for work. My laptop has inferior specs, but it can run the only game I'm playing right now, League of Legends. But in general, desktop is better for gaming, given the same specs. It's also so easy to customize your desktop to fit your needs.

Furthermore, the maintenance on PC is much easier if you know what you doing. The parts are not squashed together, so there's much more room to work with.
Yea that and if you are creative enough, you will not even need a shell. I have recently seen some desktops that don't need a desktop shell. They were engineers, but my goodness they were awesome.