Favorite Smash Characters and Strategies?

Nero

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
My favorite is going Shulk and activating Speed. It makes me faster and I could boost pivot grab. If I know how they play I would go buster and give dmg then go smash to kill them. Whats your character and strategies?

Reactions: Hawxx
I have a few favourites but so far the one I play the most at the moment is Donkey Kong, I tend to approach with either his dash attack or just a short-hop back-air. I also use back-throw when they are at high percents and then jump off the stage to either meteor smash them with my down-air or forward-air though sometimes it can be hard to hit the right spot for the meteor smash. Another one of my strategies is dashing and then attacking with his down-b because either it gets you free damage and if they shield it will break their shield, so a free forward smash or even a kill, while his up-b might not be that good in the air it's amazing when you use it on the ground, I believe it has super armor and the first hit can even kill, it also sucks your opponents in. Donkey Kong is a heavy spacing character and he is very fun to play with, I'd recommend to give him a shot!

I'm just a casual gamer when it comes to Super Smash Bros. However, that doesn't mean I don't have a character I really enjoy busting out whenever I get the chance to play it. I like to play as Yoshi and use the strategy of eating my own eggs and using them. There's something about it that freaks out my friends when we play because I'll make as many dirty jokes about it as I can think of while doing so. Well, also egg jokes.

Though, if I'm in a truly serious fight then my favorite character to use is Peach. I feel a bit bad about it but I'm actually quite good when using that character and have no idea how I am as good as I am when using her.

I have a few favourites but so far the one I play the most at the moment is Donkey Kong, I tend to approach with either his dash attack or just a short-hop back-air. I also use back-throw when they are at high percents and then jump off the stage to either meteor smash them with my down-air or forward-air though sometimes it can be hard to hit the right spot for the meteor smash. Another one of my strategies is dashing and then attacking with his down-b because either it gets you free damage and if they shield it will break their shield, so a free forward smash or even a kill, while his up-b might not be that good in the air it's amazing when you use it on the ground, I believe it has super armor and the first hit can even kill, it also sucks your opponents in. Donkey Kong is a heavy spacing character and he is very fun to play with, I'd recommend to give him a shot!
I have played DK but I didn't know that his up-b had super armor and can kill on ground! That just sounds fun got to try that.

I marked out when Mac was introduced to the game, and I told myself I was going to love using him, that he'd be my main, and sure enough, he's the one I use the most. His speed, his power, everything about him is great. He's really fun to use, and about his only downside is the terrible recovery. I'm also a pretty avid user of Ganondorg, Bowser, and Zelda. I'm not really that fussy when it comes to picking a character though, I'll play as anyone if I'm in the right mood. I tend to enjoy pressing random when I'm playing with friends or offline, and I don't really play online with randomers that often.

Mario is my main. I love doing that Down throw into up-tilt combo and also dash attacking and then chasing for a meteor smash. Mario is quick and has options for close and ranged combat scenarios, not to mention the wall jump and his recovery range is great. The cape is also a god send, I've gotten really good at using it and it feels great whenever I reflect Mega Man's fully charged side smash right back at him.

Mario is my main. I love doing that Down throw into up-tilt combo and also dash attacking and then chasing for a meteor smash. Mario is quick and has options for close and ranged combat scenarios, not to mention the wall jump and his recovery range is great. The cape is also a god send, I've gotten really good at using it and it feels great whenever I reflect Mega Man's fully charged side smash right back at him.
It feels more amazing when I do with with Dr. Mario. He is a lot slower but the cape reflect thing is much more satisfying. Especially against a spammy Lucario that charges b all the time.

I marked out when Mac was introduced to the game, and I told myself I was going to love using him, that he'd be my main, and sure enough, he's the one I use the most. His speed, his power, everything about him is great. He's really fun to use, and about his only downside is the terrible recovery. I'm also a pretty avid user of Ganondorg, Bowser, and Zelda. I'm not really that fussy when it comes to picking a character though, I'll play as anyone if I'm in the right mood. I tend to enjoy pressing random when I'm playing with friends or offline, and I don't really play online with randomers that often.
Zelda is the only character I face online that I hate facing. It seems that everytime I face a Zelda in FG mode I lose and they are a good player.