Your top PC games of all time?

I would have to say Ultima Online. I was so addicted to that game mainly the leveling and creation along with the guilds. A lot of my friends were on it and I played it on a modem line and got so mad at the cable people, mainly I was jealous.

Team Fortress Two has just.. I can't describe it. Helped me? Changed me? Okay, probably not, but I will play TF2 till the day I die. It changed my expectations on first person shooters for me, and there is no way I could ever go back to a game like Call Of Duty. Hats are life now. The practically unlimited number of things to do and character customizations create a unique experience for gamers.

I think the Mechwarrior series really blew my mind as a kid, and i just had to find out more.

i think it counts as my gateway game

Mech 2 was my first, but mech 3 is probably the best.
Actually don't think I've ever heard of those. They don't particularily sound like my kind of thing but, I'll check it out nontheless. :)

League of Legends and Dota 2 are a lot of fun once you start to get used to the mechanics. Arguably, Dota 2 is harder than LOL, however, both have similar mechanics in terms of being MOBA games. Dota 2 is harder as it is more likely you will make a mistake, and further, it punishes you more for making a mistake. That said, some enjoy the challenge of this game. Once you start playing both game and become skilled, it is very difficult to stop!

My top pc games of all time would be: Age of the empires - It taught me about capitalism and how war works XD. But seriously it is a great game and a pioneer for many indie games. Max Payne(the original)- the "bullet time", the shooting as well as the story was way ahead of its time and a pioneer in bullet time in games. MechWarrior was also a favorite of mine for the fun factor of building and destroying robots.

World of Warcraft, Diablo 2, And Planetary Annihilation are my top PC games of all time. I've spent a huge chunk of my life playing those games.

Oh wow, so many games mentioned on here are giving me blasts of nostalgia. I must have spent thousands of hours doing item runs in Diablo 2 and LOD!

In terms of the top PC game of all time, I'd have to say Skyrim. It's a damn hell buggy game and definitely not the best on its own, but the modding community has given me endless hours of fun over it. There's just limitless things to do in a open world that's constantly being tinkered and modified!

The binding of isaac is my favorite game on the computer. I don't play many games on the computer besides emulators.

Will go with Warcraft series. They kept me on my toes for a while now and I absolutely love the lore.

My favorite PC games were Tera and Perfect World. I met a lot of people on Perfect World who became very dear to me, and even years after quitting I am still in contact with many of them. I'm not sure if it is as great of a game as I remember, but it is definitely my all time favorite game. Next up is Tera. I absolutely love having to actually aim in an MMO rather than tab target. They're always coming out with new things, and I'm very pleased to see that they raised the max level after not even two years of releasing for f2p.

If we go outside the realm of MMO's, I would have to choose The Witcher as my all time favorite and the entire Fable series next in line. I loved how your choices in the Witcher really affected the environment and your entire quest line. You could choose to let people die and close off an entire section of gameplay that would have otherwise been a choice. I also enjoyed the Fable series for similar reasons.

I don't care for repeating games though, so although they are my favorites I have finished playing all but Tera. Right now I'm spending a lot of time on Anno 2070 and enjoying it.

I used to play way more on PC back then but now I mostly just game on consoles so my choices might be a bit old. My picks would go to Sims and Doom because I think those games were really unique at the time and they probably contributed a lot to modern games we enjoy now.

There are a few games that stand out for me. I think System Shock two was a great game and then we saw the Half Life series. Football manager is always good for a play when in the mood. I think System Shock two my favourite game. I played it a lot as a kid and I know I'll play it down the line too.

A true Blizzard fan, eh? Haha :)

Diablo 2 is one of those games that changed my life kind of. It's a beautiful piece of art and it still holds up to this day. :)

I can agree with that. Although I loved to play Morrowind, which was one of the best games I have ever played. I love TES series as much as GTA and Diablo (excluding newest one), and I think they are ex aequo on the first place of my favourite games ever. Of course I can't forgot about Heroes III, Age of Empires etc.- classic. ;)

World of Warcraft, GTA San andreas and Darksiders. Really enjoyed these games and the franchise is pretty nice. Can't wait to try out GTA 5.

My favorite PC games of all time are Team Fortress 2 and World of Warcraft.

Team Fortress 2 because it's maybe the most fun FPS I've ever played, and World of Warcraft because, when I first started, it was something completely different than what I had played before. Sadly, today, I am not attracted to World of Warcraft anymore, and Team Fortress 2 is losing its shine, but I will always love and cherish those two games, as they have gifted me many nice memories.

My personal top PC game of all time would definitely probably have to be the Sims series. I absolutely love it and for some reason I could play 24/7. I love the life simulation and that there are goals to meet through out the game. I also love that the options for things are endless - especially with the expansion packs!

As far as a top PC game of all time, I would have to go with Tiberian Sun. The graphics are not that good and the game is old, but I love it anyway. In my opinion it's the best game ever made. Gameplay is number one in any game to me and that's why Tiberian Sun is my favorite.

As far as a list goes, I have three more. Call of duty, far cry 4, and left for dead 2.

I honestly can't pin down one PC game as my favorite of all time, there are simply too many games I have loved. Starcraft, Diablo 2, Guild Wars, Crusader Kings 2, and Minecraft would probably make up my top 5. Thats not to say there aren't others that I really love, just that those 5 stand out above and beyond the others.

If I could pick the next 5 I would probably go with Skyrim, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Civilization 4, Company of Heroes, and Eastside Hockey Manager.

I've been playing for the better part of the last 27 years, so I lived through many "revolutions" and "revelations" in PC gaming. Half-Life, as mentioned, was one of the most important titles - for reason's a younger gamer won't be able to easily understand. It's not just that it's good as a game. Take a look at older FPS's, and you'll see, for example, a gun floating mid-air in a level, a health-pack / medikit behind a hidden wall... Now, stop a bit and think about all of this: WTF?! I mean, Half-Life was the first game that seemed to understand that, no, a gun shouldn't be floating on a pedestral in the middle of a level, if it wanted to present a realistic story. Thus, it was the first title where, lo and behold, you could find a gun next to a dead guard. Ehrmageeeeed! Realizms in game dezigns!

Before that, Doom was not just a game-changer, but also a system killer. Many youngsters don't even know what "home computers" were, but even those that do, don't realize that Doom was their death. Not old-age, not technical problems, not speed restrictions: Doom. Their processors couldn't spit pseudo-3D graphics like Doom's on screen, and Doom was such a megahit - that created a whole genre, with its clones instantly dominating game sales everywhere - that if you were seriously into gaming, you just had to be able to play them. And on your Home Computer you couldn't. So, you bought a PC. Same goes for consoles, with SNES and Megadrive starting to feel old and restricted when Doom reared its demonic head.

And after that, Quake. I never played it as much as I'd like, but it was a revelation. The first truly-3D environments in a First Person shooter. Followed by Unreal, the first game that brought the action to outdoor environments - there's a reason FPS's where called "corridor shooters" back then! Can you think of a world where each and every FPS takes place inside buildings, and only there? Well, we lived through it - due to technological restrictions.

Those were but a few. Descent was the first action title with truly full 360 degrees movement freedom, Dune 2 was the granddaddy of RTS games as we know them today, X-Wing and Wing Commander the first "cinematic" space sims, Under a Killing Moon and Pandora Directive the only FMV adventures truly worth one's time... I feel bad for youngsters today that seem to play the same things again and again. Gaming seems to have stopped evolving in the last decade, meaning that we haven't seen any mindblowing technological jumps or prominent new genres in gaming itself. The underlying tech gets better and better, but when you've lived through the birth of whole new genres, RTS's, FPS's, third person shooters... Nothing new feels really-really "new". There are exceptions to the rule, but they mostly remain quirky exceptions and not impactfull enough in the long run - like Patapon and Locoroco on the PSP, "one of a kind" experiences you won't find elsewhere, exactly like Doom and Half-Life were when we first met'em.