Your First PC Game

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by lexinonomous, Nov 9, 2015.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous New Member Registered

Most gamers I know have an extreme amount of nostalgia when it comes to their favorite childhood games. There are so many video games that stick out for each console. As a child, the computer was a bit different than the playstation games my friend's were playing. I felt so much more involved while sitting at my computer. I wish I could remember all of the computer games I played as a kid.

I want to say that my first PC game was "Gahan Wilson's The Ultimate Haunted House." I remember loving being scared, even if it wasn't all that spooky.

What was your first PC game?

2. Grizz

Grizz Member Registered

Tunnels of Armageddon. still a fun game. i kinda wish it was on android or something.

3. squallsnake

squallsnake Editor In Chief Staff Member

Minesweeper? Chip's Challenge? Ski Free?

4. hafiz93

hafiz93 New Member Registered

If I'm not mistaken it's Mortal Kombat 4. Well, it might be the worst installment in the whole series, but I was still little at that time and I had so much fun playing that game. I might have lost that game somewhere though.

5. artyarson

artyarson New Member Registered

Damn! You know that it takes to do a throwback in late 2005. It's probably FIFA 2006, Pro Evolution Soccer 5 or GTA San Andreas. One of them, definitely. Probably them all. Also, there was Call Of Juarez.

6. Axel

Axel Member Registered

Not really sure. It was either "In Search of Dr. Riptide" or "Earthwork Jim". The latter was played on a SEGA emulator which 8 year old me somehow managed to discover and get addicted to. I downloaded tons and tons of games on our 56k network, but the one I played the most was Earthworm Jim. I played this game so often my parents had to threaten to take the PC away, and believe me, that was a big deal as they never threatened to do that before.

Ahhh, I miss wasting my life away on games with no worries. Every time I play a game nowadays I have to worry about a million things wrong in my life that I have to work for. Hard to regain that worry-free mind of children.

7. ForeverANewbie

ForeverANewbie New Member Registered

I can't remember the name of the first game I've played. It was a racing game with three levels and the second level is impossible. The tracks are all divided into platforms and there are special ones that are either slipper, burn your car, or allows you to refuel.

The first game that I do remember playing is StarCraft: Brood War. The only strategy I ever employed was to defend my base until all the battlecruisers are operational. I messed around with the map editor too so that some of the maps have nearly infinite resources. Fun times.

8. TheGirlGamer

TheGirlGamer New Member Registered

My first PC game was Bejeweled 2. In actuality, my mother put me on to that game. It's quite funny. I became addicted to the wonderful, soothing, and upbeat music as you clash jewels together repeatedly. It was so futuristic and fun. I used to play it on my old desktop PC in high school.

9. iCoachU

iCoachU New Member Registered

My first pc game was actually WoW - I had gone through a really tough divorce spiral and finally got to move back in with my dad, a lot of my friends moved from FFXI (ps2) to wow but I didn't have my own computer, so he dropped $1600 on the spot (2006) to get me a good enough rig to do whatever I wanted.