X3: The Juggernaunt

Hilarious!! Now, help me out here. This movie is getting many favorable reviews, but at the same time, many of the clips I have seen have specifically silly parts in them that don't really fit with the flavor or grit of the previous x-men films. I hope and pray that Juggernaut doesn't have a vital role, and what is with the costume? He looks like a GWAR reject. Brett Ratner sucks, despite how the movie comes out, he was the worst choice for director and I cringe at what he will do with the forthcoming Wolverine film, yikes. That is all.

The director- Brett Ratner- is one of the most lothed action directors in movie fanboyism. I think that I am torn between really wanting to cheer this movie or see it phail because I HATE bret.

Brian Singer did a good job with X1 and X2 (although I have my quams with him as well) and when he left for Superman I died inside a little.

But I am gonna see it. I know I will.

All I have to say is Brett=Rush Hour. Thats how I see it. I like what Singer did with the X-Men movies. Brett seems to be wanting to do to much in 3. Singer set the mood and now it feels like its going sour now. Brett is trying to put so much into this movie ( wayyyy too many mutants for the mvoie). We all remember Mortal Kombat 2. I do hope this does not suck.

Stan said:
Yeah I was making refrence to the Juggernaunt Bitch.
I think the movie was also making a refrence to "The Juggernaunt" craze on the internet.

Plus I think you guys are putting down Ratner for no good reason. All the trailers have looked good, and every publication I have read about it has been excited about the movie. Granted its alot of characters to have at one time, and it looks like hes fitting 2 or 3 huge X-Men story arcs in one movie setting, but that has nothing to do with the director per say. Im sure the script was already decided by the producer a long time ago before Singer left to do Superman. Now Superman Returns on the other hand looks like it will be crappy. You guys are making Singer out to be more importent than what he is. Yeah X1 and 2 were good movies, but they were not so good that noone else could do better, or at least just as good.

I think the movie will surprise everyone.

RATNER SUCKS JUST SAY IT. Singer is not great I agree on that. But what he did was take something that hs not been done and did it just right. X1 and X2 were not great but How many ppl were pissed off at it. The movie worked just fine. He did not do to much so that ppl who no nothing about X-Men can understand, and we X-Men lovers are not un-happy. Brett seems to me to be trying to over do everything. You can't do that it will not work. I'm not saying I will not see the movie or I might not like it. I'm just saying that Brett is trying to hard. And thats waht it is.

But the Superman Movie is gonna be bad ass. How can you not think it's gonna be good.

Eh, I'm not thrilled by Brett Ratner...after all he did the Rush Hour movies. But he also did the adaptation of Red Dragon that was actually decent. Jury's still out, but I'm reasonably certain that the third movie will at least be entertaining.

I would feel more comfortable with Bryan Singer because in directing both X-Men movies, he cemented the fact that quality can be injected into super-hero franchise films before the newest Batman flick, before Sam Raimi lovingly adapted Spider-Man. As for Singer's overall credentials, his "The Usual Suspects" still ranks as one of my all-time favorite movies, and I'm looking forward to his take on Superman.

As for the importance of the script, I'd have to say that a good movie can't be made without a good script...BUT, a ham-fisted director can make a terrible movie out of a good script. This is the caveat in anticipating any film.

I found X2 to be visually boring, so I'm glad they're switching out directors- I've never been a big Singer fan personally. As for the script, well, who knows? It seems like Marvel's getting pretty good in that arena and, really, so long as they just stick close to the Ultimate X-men storyline (which they seem t like doing), they should be OK- Spider Man 2 had an awesome script. Of course, there was that gawd-awful Fantastic Four movie though...

Stan said:
Cant we just get Tim Burton to direct one of these:)

NO NO NO NO. I like Tim but never again. He was out done on Batman so nope not going with Tim on anything. He lost the magic to me