Worst Classic Game Console flop?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
What was the worst classic game console flop, in your opinion?

The Apple Bandai Pippin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Bandai_Pippin) was one of the worst IMO, because a lot of people don't remember it because it was so obscure and such a fail, even though it did have some features that were pretty ahead for it's generation. This thing had a bit under 80 games released in Japan, and only 18 released in the U.S. Quite the fail here.

The Atari Jaguar and the Atari Jaguar were pretty bad as well. They didn't have half the game line up as the pippin did collectively. I have to look at the overall figures to really assess who is the worst of the worst.

The Sega Saturn. It simply didn't live up to what it offered during the period of what I believe is known as the first console wars.

There was a early Sega mega drive console and had cartridge and was losing the war in consoles when most had moved to disks and had to tune it in to the Television which was annoying. The controls were not a lot, should have had more and better grip to hold it when playing the games. Sometimes it would not work and sometimes it would do well, and the loading screen for games was annoying and seemed to take longer which was not good. I reckon due to that some, games did not have good sound and also the graphics were not done well and did not seem like you would want to play the game on the Sega mega drive system.

I think the extensions made for the Sega Genesis were the biggest flops of the past. It just didn't make much sense to plug in separate consoles to the Genesis that even had their own plugs and by the end when you've connected all the new extensions on the Gensis you ended up something that looked like it was on life support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64DD The 64DD didn't even make it out of Japan, and that's probably why so little people know about it. It was announced pretty early, and still it took a few years of delay before it released in Japan, and then it failed that hard, it didn't even got released in America.

Sega CD. Ridiculous price and overall a ridiculous thing. It didn't even have any good games aside from Sonic CD, which got ported to PC afterwards. Seriously, all the games were shitty interactive films. Just watch any of Angry Video Game Nerd's videos regarding any Sega CD game and you'll see how poor they were.