WiiVD

Wow... that's a poor choice of nick-name. It sounds like something you find a month or so after one hooks up with that girl one's friends were warning one about. And one gets a blood test and, a week later, returns for the results and the doctor furrows his or her brow like they're confused for a moment, then tells one "Whelp, it looks like you've got a case of WiiVD. We'd like to run a few more tests, you know, just to make sure there aren't any other problems."

Man. I'll bet it itches, too. We need programs. And pamphlets. People need to know the risks, and protect themselves from WiiVD.

So wait, you don't have a DVD player that already works well and has more DVD playing features than the Wii will?

I don't understand why people want their gaming consoles to play movies. It doesn't make sense.

Electronics do get old and start acting funny, so replacement is expected.

And it could help to de-clutter the area around the TV.

Though, I don't know about convenience that demands antibiotics.

The clutter issue is likely why they're only selling it in Japan. The bottom line is, we don't need to ditch one piece of electronics to make room for the next one. But in Japan, space is a premium commodity.

Probably because the Wii is going to be a better DVD player than their current one is (PS2). The DVD player on the 360 rules all. And really...it's alot more convenient to have two in one. Specially since you don't need to swap AV inputs or anything.

scoops said:
So wait, you don't have a DVD player that already works well and has more DVD playing features than the Wii will?

I don't understand why people want their gaming consoles to play movies. It doesn't make sense.

I do have a DVD player but it's not about that. What it is about is that japan gets certain products like games or a certain kind of DVD players. They don't drop it over here because they think no one will buy it, and they might be right. That's why I said I can't wait to go to japan,and cut out the middle man kind of thing.

Last edited: