Wii date TBA on...

You bet your ass. I want to know more about that iTV thing. And I really want Canada to open up the digital distribution laws so we can bloody use iTunes properly!

I guess we'll be waiting 'til spring for the full screen touch control iPod we all hoped for.

I'm actually happy they didn't release it, and that the 30GB is still for sale... means my iPod is still valid ;)

So, looks like $250USD, on November 19th. But that just a best guess at this point. The Japanese price point is actually equal to around $215USD - does Nintendo usually up the price a bit on the N. American models, or can we actually expect a $220USD price point?

So what does everybody think?

I think the price is a little steep, but then again, they're including Wii Sports.

I'm dissappointed that you have to buy the browser.

Other than that, I'm happy and stoked. Two more months!

Yeah, I wish they somehow coulda retailed it at $200 like all Nintendo consoles of the past. But this is some pretty exciting stuff. I'm a little confused about some of the details based off that site. Will have to search out some other sources. But at least we get Wii Sports free!

Gotta love those stupid microtransactions that are on the 360, but more expensive on the Wii. 10 bucks for a N64 game? Bull. I could buy it at Gamestop for less, probably. And you have to download the browser? Bull. $40 for the Wiimote then $20 for the nunchuk? Bull. $250 for the console and some sucky game they wouldn't be able to sell otherwise? Bull.

Yeah, Nintendo just gouged their way into me not buying it on launch.

Nothing anymore after reading on some other sites. ;)

Prime 3 pushed back to 2007, though. :/ I wonder if that Mario game will make it this year.

Nope. Mario is pushed to next year as well. But with 30 titles at launch, and the largest ever Zelda game being one of them, I'm not complaining. In fact, it's unlikely I'll buy a game this year other than Zelda.

spudlyff8fan said:
Gotta love those stupid microtransactions that are on the 360, but more expensive on the Wii. 10 bucks for a N64 game? Bull. I could buy it at Gamestop for less, probably. And you have to download the browser? Bull. $40 for the Wiimote then $20 for the nunchuk? Bull. $250 for the console and some sucky game they wouldn't be able to sell otherwise? Bull.

Yeah, Nintendo just gouged their way into me not buying it on launch.

Steve, you remind me of this guy: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/09/06

Agrred on the $40 for a friggin remote and another $20 for the expansin. Any of my friends will ust have to suffer buy watchin me play my games. On the $250 side is not that bad. I mean System (with the $60 wii-mote) and a game is really not that bad. I bet they will drop the price to $200 when they stop giving you a game with it. But I can't wait that long. And this dampers on my PS3/eBay sale I was saving for.

There's no reason for them to bundle Wii Sports with it OTHER than an excuse to bring the price up $50. Seriously, the game is terribly low-budget, and they can so easily screw everyone into buying such a POS.

Whatever happened to objectivity? :p I for one will not pass judgment until I've subjectively experienced the console and Wii Sports itself. Also, how does the launch lineup suck? Has Nintendo released a launch list I'm not aware of? And how can you say something is too much unless you have evaluated it first-hand and considered the relative technology present along with the costs that are inherent? We don't yet know if Nintendo is losing money on hardware or what the deal is. You can speculate all you want I suppose, but it seems pretty useless and reactionary. People will decide if it's worth $60 to buy an extra set of controllers. Call me an optimist I guess, but I'm always pumped when a new console is about to be released. Console politics are always fairly low on my list of concerns.