who needs sunlight any way?

Honestly, does anyone here play with sunlight directly on the TV? you can't see anyway! I really don't think this is going to be an issue.

There can be sunlight in the room, just not directly on the sensor bar, which will sit just above, or below (depending on your preference and TV setup) the TV.

Nintendo is just as reliable as every television and computer monitor manufacturer out there on this one. Sorry Spuds. People are making a big deal out of nothing here.

Yeah. Just make sure you close your windows and lock your doors...THE SUNLIGHT IS COMING! But yeah...nothing like being forced to sit in a dark room.

The Sunlight is probably better than The Darkness, for those who have seen the Silent Hill movie. Anyway... as long as ambient light doesn't affect the receivers, it should be all good. I can't envision Nintendo releasing a product that doesn't work close to 100% or requires certain conditions to be able to play it.

Ambient light doesn't. We would have heard something by now.

The issue is that the wii-mote and receiver strip work on a particular frequency of light (not sure what, but let's say infra-red, like a TV remote). Direct sunlight contains all known frequencies of light, but reflected sunlight, or artificial light, do not. I remember some TV remotes not working well when direct sunlight was shining on the little IR receiver. This is nothing new, and it's not a problem that's unique to Nintendo's product.

Nobody cares much that TV remotes don't work when strong sunlight is shining on the TV, because nobody watches TV with direct sunlight on the screen anyway. Nor do they play video games under those circumstances.

You won't have to sit in a dark room, Spuds, you hate-mongeror. I can't believe how easily you just sold your intelligence and integrity to jump on a bit of negative info about Wii (which turned out to be nothing). You really are an idiot.

Nah. I have just been barraged with slews of bad news about the Wii the past six months. When I wrote about the Wii during last year's TGS, I loved it. But Nintendo has failed. Everything. Since.

to early to say that Spuds, nintendo's learned from there mistakes.
and the article i posted, yea, who the F*** plays games in pure sunshine? no one thats who! and a little bit of light comming out of doors and windows, isnt going to hurt it at all.

They haven't learned from their mistakes. Seriously, what has Nintendo done to make the console more appealing to the American audience?

And you don't have to be playing outside the have it screwed up, apparently. You just need to have the sun coming in at the right angle in a white room for it to screw up. How about if you live in an apartment building facing west? Then you can't play in the afternoon. But unlike a TV remote, you can't just get up and make it work.

Hopefully you have enough money left over to buy curtains? Well, you should, considering this isn't the PS3 we're talking about.

Seriously, what has Nintendo done to make the console more appealing to the American audience?

they made a system that stands out from all the others, they made a system thats more affordable, more unique. and besides, sony has been loosing companys too the wii.

No they haven't been. The only thing they've "lost" was Splinter Cell. Which they lost to Microsoft. And yeah. None of that is making it more appealing to American gamers.

Keep with the times. There's already a new SC announced (past Double Agent) and it's exclusive to PC and 360.

then there's final fantasy. That's Sony's Mario. I can't really blame the companies, though. It's all about the money. If Sony can pay them enough to stay exclusive, then they'll be loyal. If they can make more by going multi-platform or even exclusive to the Big N or Microsoft, they will

final fantasy isnt really exclusive, there's games that are final fantasy for nintendo and microsoft, but there more like bastud children of final fantasy. but the final fantasy's I through XII are the pure bread final fantasy, but they need to stop with the movies though!