Who else is excited for Pokemon Go!?

healzzz

Registered
Oct 19, 2015
Michigan USA
I can't wait for Pokemon Go! to come out! Thankfully, I'll be eligible for a cell phone upgrade in early 2016, so I don't have to worry about my phone being too out of date. I haven't played a legitimate pokemon game in so long because I just haven't had the money to buy a 3DS, but I already have a phone, haha. I'm definitely going to be talking my fiancee into getting it, too. I am ridiculously excited about it.

I'm excited for it! (I already know I'm going to be wandering around with cellphone in hand when it comes out. My data plan is crying in anticipation...) My dreams of finding a Pikachu in the city are about to come true! (Similar dream: legitimate Pikachu with Surf/Fly, thank you Heart Gold/Soul Silver for giving me that.) Still no word on the closed beta (oh how I wish I could be included in such), but hearing that the company working on it has gotten more funds for it makes me happy also.

Excited, yes, but I have the opposite problem where I've got a 3DS (okay, 2DS, but the difference is negligible) but no phone. Fortunately, my wife has a very up-to-date phone, and I'm probably going to play the game vicariously through her. Plus if, say, there's a Charmander in a men's bathroom somewhere, I'll be the one who has to go get it, right? Right.

The concept is really exciting and I'd love to join in, but will this be available worldwide or just in select countries? I live in a boring part of the world where we never get the good stuff that North America and Europe get all the time D:

The concept is really exciting and I'd love to join in, but will this be available worldwide or just in select countries? I live in a boring part of the world where we never get the good stuff that North America and Europe get all the time D:
Spent a good twenty minutes trying to figure this out, with no good answer to give you, unfortunately. There's still somewhat scant information available about Go at this point.

That saaaaaid, I saw plenty of speculation that legendaries will be relegated to either specific countries, or to landmarks that are particularly notable. (Which would make sense, since Nintendo could then leverage tourism dollars.) If that's the case, I imagine Nintendo would want to cast as wide a net as possible.

I'm so excited for it. The trailer was great (though I did feel bad for Mewtwo), and I'd like to see what they incorporated into the game. It would be cool if it gave you alerts of other "trainers" in the area, and you'd look up to see another person wandering around with their phone. Trainer spotted, battle commences.

Spent a good twenty minutes trying to figure this out, with no good answer to give you, unfortunately. There's still somewhat scant information available about Go at this point.

That saaaaaid, I saw plenty of speculation that legendaries will be relegated to either specific countries, or to landmarks that are particularly notable. (Which would make sense, since Nintendo could then leverage tourism dollars.) If that's the case, I imagine Nintendo would want to cast as wide a net as possible.

Good thing that my country has more than enough notable landmarks lol. Even if I can just see one legendary I think I'll be satisfied. I really hope it will be available in my city :<

I'm cautiously optimist about it. These things usually never end up being as cool as the concept, but if anyone can pull this off, I feel like Nintendo probably has the best shot. My phone is a bit dated (Samsung Galaxy S2 but running most recent version of Android thanks to custom rom), so I'm probably not going to be able to play it until I make an upgrade. Which could be a while.

I have always been a fan of the Pokemon games. There have been a few that I didn't really enjoy, but overall I think they put out great games. Pokemon Go is something I'm looking forward to. I haven't had any negative feelings towards the game. It looks like its going to be great! I'm trying to stay positive and hoping they aren't just releasing a game for the sake of Pokemon.

To be honest, I don't know much about Pokemon GO, only the concept. Is it being released next year?
I think it would be really neat to play a Pokemon game that takes into consideration your location in the real world. Although I can't imagine I would be tempted to travel to far away places just for the sake of catching a virtual pokemon. I say this now, but I guess we'll see when the game launches!