Where the hell is The Last Guardian???

clunky

Registered
Nov 15, 2014
I hate you Sony. You kept on saying that you would release The Last Guardian. You kept our hopes up. You released screenshots and video footage of the game. You got us all excited. That was back when the PS4 want still existing.

Now, we have the PS 4 and still The Last Guardian is nowhere to be found. Shadow of the Colossus fans have long been craving for a sequel. We are thirsty. We need our cup to be filled. Where the hell is this game Sony? Wheeeerrreee?

I've given up hope on the game. If it happens, then I'll be there on Day 1, but I understand these types of things do happen with games. It's even more common when a game tries to be different and unique like Ico, and SoTC. I know these types of games generally struggle to sell really well compared to the usual blockbusters, so it's really hard for companies to release these unique games.

I've noticed that TLG has just become almost a joke at this point as to whether or not it's coming. Anytime Sony announces a surprise, everyone jokingly says TLG is here. For me, it's been too long for me to get my hopes up any more. I'd still play the hell out of the game, but not going to try and get my hopes up for a game we haven't heard about in a while.

I don't think the problem is how unique Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are. While Ico did have trouble selling in its initial run, it has become a cult classic and Shadow of the Colossus was well-received. And didn't the bundle for both games sold well too?

There wouldn't be a The Last Guardian game if SoTC did poorly since Ueda went on record to say it would be the last game if it didn't sell well. The trailer for TLG was also popular at E3 from what I remember so there really is a vocal and active market for it. Or there was; I'm not actually sure now but I think the previous audience would receive it well if it appears.

Since Ueda's left Sony, I don't really see this happening anymore. I've always wondered if SoTC's commercial success led to Sony meddling with Ueda's workflow since he and an executive producer left near each other's resignation. Ueda's probably busy with his own work so working on this game as a freelancer means he can't really focus on this project much. I'd be ecstatic if it happens but I'm not really hoping anymore.

I look at the Last Guardian as I do with Half-Life 3, it'll come out eventually but in any number of years. Now that the new consoles are out I wouldn't be surprised if that has delayed it a bit even.

Also I've waiting for this game, Looks awesome, they said it will come for the PS3 but I think it is for PS4 now.