What's your favorite piece of E3 news so far?

cuinneas

Public Relations Manager
Registered
Oct 29, 2005
Vashon Island, WA
Howdy!

I just wanted to get a feel for what the most exciting news is for people.

I am pretty psyched about Wario Ware for the Wii.

:scotland:

Umm the Wiii, Nintendo, Wii games, DS, Too Human, Mass Effect, Lumines for the 360. And everything Nintendo, Booth babes. And some other stuff.

And the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Line movie.

Notice how nothig up there in my list includes a Sony item. Maybe it's because the system is 600 and DMC4 was not shown. SHAME ON YOU SONY

A few things pleased me. Star Fox DS. Metroid Prime 3 as a Wii launch title. Smash Bros Brawl. MGS3 sequel. Awesome MGS4 trailer. Excellent Halo 3 trailer. There were some things that disappointed me, though...

I was really impressed with what Nintendo is doing with the DS. The fact that the DS Lite will hit the states soon and has at least another hundred or so games in development this year is very exciting. This kind of news has me hopeful that handheld gaming will really evolve and become a strong element of everyday life for people in the future. While that may be highly optimistic, the DS is absolutely stunning at the moment.

The Unreal Tournament 2007 demo made my breathing stop for a second... literally. In a show dominated by games that all LOOKED visually impressive (even 3rd-string games all use advanced shaders and bloom effects it looks like), UT07 stood head and shoulders above anything and everything I saw.

As for sheer uniqueness, Spore looked like the most creative thing at the Expo, although I worry how much "game" will be in there. But I felt that way about the Sims as well (still do, in fact), so... Either way, I predict that Spore will either totally redefine the simulation genre, or create some totally new one when it comes out.

Fury from Auran looked fun and we had a blast playing PvP in South- look for a developer interview, exclusive screenshots and a E3 preview in a few days. The Conan MMO was surprisingly polished as well, and actually has me looking forward to a betas invitation (if we get one).

And Company of Heroes, from Relic (the guys that did Homeworld and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War) looks like it might just get me interested in WWII games- it looked incredible.

Worst things I saw at E3: The "Desperate Wives" game, a tedious Sims-like peice of suck... the arrogance of the Nintendo people- God only knows why people put up with those superior, smug buttwipes- you'e freaking GAME CODERS, not Jezus-fricking-CHRIST and His Deciples, guys, and I wish players would stop treating you like you are so your heads would shrink a little bit... Saints Row looked tedious as hell and murky to boot- I so can't wait until "Gangsta" games and "reality TV" are no longer popular... ... Also, they made an MMO out of the Pirates of the Carribean movie franchise... 'nuff said. Other than that, I saw a TON of stuff that was so raw and unfinished that it's impossible to make a judgement either way, but that's par for the course at E3.

Last edited: