What was the first console game you really enjoyed?

Webene

Registered
Dec 24, 2014
For a lot of us, it has been many years since our first console. The evolution of console games has been incredible over the past decade, with current games having amazing graphics, sound and mechanics, just to name a few. However, when playing old games that were our favorites during our childhood, it brings back a sense of nostalgia that cannot be replicated by current games. Some of the best memories I have playing games include those classic games such as Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Crash Bandicoot.
What was the first console game that you have the most fond memories of?

Reactions: pandabear1991
Those games that you mentioned are light years from the type of games that I use to play growing up. Load Runner for the Commodore 64 was the game that started it off for me. There was some level of strategy involved not seen on current consoles of the time like the atari 2600.

The first console game I really enjoyed from my own taste alone and not just because of hype was Streets of Rage. I loved everything about that game ever since I first picked it up and I kept playing it as sequels for it came out. I think it just really sucks that it never made it past the 2d era.

The first one that I enjoyed was the original Super Mario Bros. However, the first Final Fantasy game overtook that one.

I started out with the Sega Genesis and then the Sega Saturn. Those consoles had some great games, especially the Genesis. The Saturn obviously wasn't that big or popular of a gaming console after the N64 came out, but I still had plenty of fun with it.

Heh Heh Heh, the answer to this never gets old to me. My first console game that I truly enjoyed was the Crash Bandicoot series itself for the PlayStation 1. I remember when we brought it home, nobody did anything for else for hours on end; and that would continue to be the pattern for days until we beat the games.

By far Super Mario Brothers. I guess for me it was the experience of finding the secret pipes HAHA. I played the game for a long time before i accidentally found one of the secret pipes. then I had to go all the way back thru the game this time only looking for the secret pipes HAHA As gaming just began to open up at this time, it was like I had bought 2 games in one HAHA playing the game then playing the game again to find all of it's secrets.

The first console game that I enjoyed was Super Mario World. A great platformer then and a great platformer now. It is tied for me for best mario game, with Super Mario Brothers 3 being it's equal.

I enjoyed so many console games but the first one I can REALLY remember loving is Super Mario Bros. I can vividly remember playing the game for 24 hours straight one time. This was non-stop too! Of course, I was a lot younger back then, no way I can do that now.

The first one that I really went ape over must be the Sega Dreamcast. It still as a special spot in my heart for many reasons :)

Super Smash Brothers on the Nintendo 64. This game was like a revelation to 7 year old me, it actually brought me into gaming. Used to play it at my friends house with a full 4 player party all the time!

Sega used to have a golf game that was a lot of fun. It was at a time when some of my friends were just starting to golf for real. It was little to easy an predictable, and pretty soon you are going -20 fairly easy and constantly hitting the stick from 100 yards out.

Honestly, my first console game was Zelda A Link to the Past on SNES. My parents played this game often while I was a child. Watching them play it, it was only a matter of time before I would play it myself. It is still one of my favorite games today. I would highly recommend this game to any Zelda fan who has not played some of the simpler classics.