What PC game in your opinion has the best community?

Wormeata

Registered
Dec 19, 2014
I find that some games can be rather fun but not very receptive. Like most MOBA's and even some FPS's. What game have you played that made a very solid case with you has having a receptive community?

From my experience the games which has the less competitive element have the best communities. If you can find a good server Minecraft has a really good community, even though the average age might be a bit lower than in other games. The Binding of Isaac also has a nice and helpful community.

That's honestly a really difficult question to answer, although I would probably say Minecraft overall. You could make an argument for so many gaming communities for specific games, though. I'm not 100% confident in my answer because of that very reason.

EVE Online has many player corporations with tight-knit communities. I've never really got around to play the game in-depth though, but the community is very receptive to newbies.

Years ago I played some TF2 on my ex's account and enjoyed the game. The community was pretty chill and interesting. I found that there wasn't much malicious immaturity that's found in MMOs or games like LoL or XBox Live...There were even servers dedicated to doing silly things from reading horrible fanfiction over vent to pasting Nic Cage images all over the walls in the buildings. The community is pretty whimsical and on average nicer.

Ehhhhh over my years of online gaming, the best community I ever found was back in both Asheron's Call and SWG.

Minecraft has the very best community. The people are friendly than Dota or CS communities.

I haven't played very many online games but I LOVED the community on DC Universe Online. I didn't encounter and dochey people at all. Everyone was really helpful, and it was surprising how easy it was to work as a team. I'm also a big fan of the Minecraft communities.

Agreeing with a post mentioned above, I am proud to say that Team Fortress Two has one of the best communities around!
Quite a few reasons come to mind, the first being the overall acceptance of new players.
New players are known to get a starter hat called a 'Gibus' and new players are often referenced that way. However, pretty much everyone holds on to thier Gibus fondly, because it reminds them of when they first started playing. Many times players with Gibus are helped out in and out of game by experienced players, and donate items to new players who may not have much.
That is another reason the TF2 community is so great: the generosity. Communities are known to hold giveaways, and players often receive hats and items for free.
New players are always welcome, and older players will do anything to make you a better 'mercenary'!

Team Fortress 2 has many friendly people playing, but only if you find the right servers. There are lots of small kids that fucked your mom on the usual valve servers, but if you use the server browser instead of matchmaking, you can find fantastic people.

WOW has basically the same community as the internet as a whole. You can carve out ´your´community to be whomever you want it to be, big guilds exist for everyone. I like the community better for games, MMOs, the haven´t gotten too bid. Dungeons and Dragons Online has a great community and you get a lot of help if you are a new player.

WoW's community used to be such a toxic one to me. But it honestly depended on the server, I know a lot of people have formed big lasting friends and communities within the game though.

I think age has alot to do with it. if nothing else, its exposure so things like TF2 that have been around forever have a huge fan base.

also, with the idea of crowdfunding, people who started funding something and have been following it from the beginning makes for a great community when that games to fruition like FTL or the like.

The Dota community is the best as far as loyalty, and support of the game I think, altho the community can be very very harsh to newer players and their feelings, the DotAs support for the game itself versus the other games in its genre is very loyal and hard core. When i first started I know a lot of people helped me, and most of the time in game you will always find at least one person on your team willing to work with you and help you (I am usually that person) so sometimes getting started can be hard but there is always help form the other players.

Generally, I find games which are less focused on direct competition or relying on others to have the most consistently friendly communities. These include games such as Minecraft, and also some MMOs. Although, some MMO communities still have the reputation of not being very welcoming to new players. This is not good for the game, as new players may be less likely to enjoy the game if they are ridiculed from the start. The games with the most aggressive communities are those with direct competition in teams, such as League of Legends. This game is notorious for having a community that is very rude to players that are new or those who may have made a mistake. The steps that Riot have taken to encourage more friendliness has been a great step in improving the community.

I find the people in SWTOR and in Planetary Annihilation to be a good community. All so helping and not very immature.

Gonna go with Team Fortress here. Met so many people and a lot of good guys also. But all communities have toxic players, some of them more than others.

I have never seen a good Moba community, Everyone is so abusive and if you make a mistake in any pug game you are going to get shouted at. I would go so far as to say that most games that are primarily played multiplayer have poor communities because everyone is so worried about min-maxing. The best communities I have seen in games are from the Paradox Grand Strategy games. everyone is friendly on the forums and are trying to help each other out. They have an active and vibrant modding community. For the most part the games community is centralized around the official forums so you don't have to worry about fan forums dying out or going inactive. Theres always someone talking on them.

I still think Skyrim has a great community. The amount of mods available are almost infinite. I think it has to have one of the best community for a single player game. Hopefully we get a new Elder Scrolls single player game in the next few years!

I still think Skyrim has a great community. The amount of mods available are almost infinite. I think it has to have one of the best community for a single player game. Hopefully we get a new Elder Scrolls single player game in the next few years!
I can agree. I found Nexus a very nice community (Skyrim section). I was also adding some minor mods, translations etc., and people were very kind while commenting. It's not about the mod, people were just nice because they know how much time you "wasted" to make a single, simple mod. And yes, I hope there will be a new Elder Scrolls game too!