What is the oldest working console you own?

Discussion in 'Classics' started by hedonologist, Mar 12, 2016.

1. hedonologist

hedonologist New Member Registered

I own a Sega Megadrive produced in 1992 that still works perfectly. I do play it now and then, firstly just to see if it still works, but also partially for nostalgia. I have still yet to complete sonic 2, but I aim to have this done by the end of 2018.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. yeppeo

yeppeo New Member Registered

Console* ;)
    Just my GameBoy Color I bought in 1998?99? I don't remember anymore, but it's still perfect. Well you can always count my 1995 tamagotchi :p

3. hafiz93

hafiz93 New Member Registered

My PS1. It's actually broken since the console fall off a table once. But my cousin came into my house and he somehow managed to fix it. There are times when it won't work, but it also works after many attempts opening it. I rarely play it nowadays, but I just might play it soon after this thread :). I just hope I can still play it though, and all the CDs can still be played.

4. Personablue

Personablue New Member Registered

Nintendo consoles are known for their durability, reliance and age. My GBA from 2005 is still working, I just had to replace my battery twice. The cartridges are still working, and I still play my Pokemon Sapphire.
    You won't get such longevity with other consoles like PS1,2,3 or Xbox. They hardly last for 5-6 years at max with only few exceptions.

5. Loopulk

Loopulk New Member Registered

Maybe a GBA or a Gamecube. I remember way back when my older brothers decided to sell the Nintendo 64. I was so against it! They sold it and some games anyway. We got ripped off which really upsets me.

6. yeppeo

yeppeo New Member Registered

IKR! I also own a PSP that I bought in the late 00's and its buttons are already loose; my GBC no matter how much I smashed those buttons to catch my Pokemon, is as good as new. I also own a GBA SP and it's the same. They're great!

7. dillinger10

dillinger10 Member Registered

The oldest console I own that is still in working condition is the Atari 2600.

[​IMG]

Still one of my favorite consoles. In addition to pretty much all consoles released after 1990, other older consoles that I still own include the NES, Sega Genesis and the Amstrad GX4000.

8. hedonologist

hedonologist New Member Registered

Indeed, I bought a ps2 in 2009 as my original only lasted 6 years. Whereas my Sega Megadrive, N64 and All of my Gameboys are still in perfect working order. My ps1 lasted a good 9 years, but even that gave up in the end. I saw a working SNES last year too.

9. joshposh

joshposh Member Registered

I actually went on a buying spree on Ebay and bought a bunch or Dreamcast and Genesis games and consoles. I had to get them as they were sold in really cheap lots. They might be inferior to modern tech but there is still a lot of fun factor in the games.

10. squallsnake

squallsnake Editor In Chief Staff Member

I actually just sold my Atari 2600, NES, TurboGrx and original GB stuff not too long ago. Also recently sold all my SNES stuff in one massive lot too. While I really like that old stuff, I just didn't have space anymore. I will probably wind up selling my GBC and GBA stuff next.