What irritates you the most about other players?

Axel

Registered
May 8, 2015
Like I said earlier, I'm not all that familiar with CSGO and I'm not all that surprised to hear that my proposal for segregating games based on skill level has already been implemented.

As for the people who cheat that system, purposefully lowering their rating so that they can score easy victories against- and belittle- less skilled newcomers:

Purposefully avoiding competition against people with the same or greater skill level for an easy victory rather than an actual challenge? There is a word for such a person: a coward.

Purposefully targeting people who are less able to fight back on the same level, and moreover belittling their lack of skill and familiarity with the game at the same time? There's a word for such a person: a bully. (And like the current ads for the latest Assassin's Creed game says: "I'm not overly fond of bullies!")
Yea I never understood why they do that either. I love the challenge of the game. If I wanted easy kills I would've played against bots. It baffles me that these people enjoy doing that kind of thing. Although sometimes it has a purpose, only sometimes. I heard they usually help their friends rank up by doing that. By dominating the other team you give your friend a higher chance to get more kills and score more points than usual. That's just another lame justification though.

charris89

Registered
Nov 5, 2015
Yeah, an age verification system would totally save the communities of many online games, but I think that will never happen, because it would drastically lower the userbase of a game and companies don`t want that, because it would hurt them financially. Take League of Legends for example. It has one of the worst communities in gaming history, and half of the playerbase is under 20 I think.
True, a lot of gaming companies don't care about the player experience. They are only out to make a buck. If I only I had the knowledge to create games. I would definitely spend time and money on creating a game where, mature adults could play and enjoy the game.

Local co-op would be fun. I like some aspects of the online community though. The majority of the time it's fun playing with people in different areas. Meeting new people is an important part of the game for me. I do agree most games should make it easier to quest with your friends. There are some games I'm really looking forward to that are said to be implementing features to enhance game play with your friends.

aboleth_lich

Registered
Dec 1, 2014
Yea I never understood why they do that either. I love the challenge of the game. If I wanted easy kills I would've played against bots. It baffles me that these people enjoy doing that kind of thing. Although sometimes it has a purpose, only sometimes. I heard they usually help their friends rank up by doing that. By dominating the other team you give your friend a higher chance to get more kills and score more points than usual. That's just another lame justification though.
But even with that justification, why be a jerk and needlessly belittle the other more novice players' lack of skill? That makes them bullies and kind-of-sort-of cheaters rather than just kind-of-sort-of cheaters, which is already bad enough on its own. I can really see why you're so frustrated and disappointed with that community.