What have you gotten in the Steam Christmas sales so far?

AmenoKaji

Registered
Dec 19, 2014
So far I have picked up a copy of Speed Runners, castle crashers, and I'm thinking about Microsoft Flight Sim X. Still waiting for some of my wishlist games to go on sale however.

Well so far, I have only taken advantage to buy DLC for my preexisting games. I feel like that is my focus for this sale as I have many games that have large amounts of DLC. Crusader Kings 2, Skyrim, and Rome 2 to name a few, I know the DLC will be on sale at one point.

From yesterday's sale I got State of Decay and Sid Meier's CIV: Beyond Earth. Having lots of fun with SoD already and I'm guessing that I'll be able to put a lot of time during the holidays on Civilization. I am considering getting Monaco from today's sale because I've always seen it as a very fun and relaxing game to play with a bunch of friends.

Nothing sadly, my PC is quite old and I have all the games I could play and want to play. God have mercy on my soul when I finally get a new one and steam as a sale. Although, I'm still missing the Telltale games, oh well, be right back...

Only one thing so far... Dead Space 2... but ooooooh man more games are bound to be bought. Damn you GabeN. :rolleyes:

I picked up Speedrunners, too! I've been picking up a bunch of random games, as long as they sound or seem interesting. I already own a lot of the bigger releases, so discounts on those aren't really going to help me out. There are a couple games I'm hoping will go on sale by pure luck and chance.

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes. Really loving the game so far, it went back to its stealth roots unlike Metal Gear Rising (which in its own right was a great game as well)

I am still looking around,, they have some really good deals going on right ow. Most likely if I do buy anything It will be Dota Items, they have stopped freely giving Dota items away in the game. I guess to push us to buy them :) I am also wondering if we will get a nice Christmas package like we usually do in dota:)

This year's sale has made me realise I have too many games....I already own a lot of the best stuff which is on sale :l I did pick up Euro Truck Simulator 2 (which I am utterly horrible at playing) and Contraption Maker so far. Looking out for more though, Steam is dropping prices like crazy. Thank you GabeN XD

At the moment nothing as I had bought the bundle with Batman Arkham Asylum/City/Origins in it from another site. Some things did go on sale but the real problem is that I need a new HDD. The one I have has only about 100GB left!

If it not been for such little room left, I probably would have bought Borderlands, Dead Space and something else off my wishlist which escapes my mind at the moment.

So far just Dota items, until I buy a desktop pc or grab a new laptop I'd have to wait to play any games I bought and I have enough on the PS4 to keep me going for a while. If I was to buy anything it would probably be a few exclusives, maybe Dungeon Defenders and Torchlight 2.

I just purchased Legend of Korra as a celebration for the finale forever episode of the Season 4. I'm kinda sad that LoK ended. And also I'm going to buy the Valkryia Chronicles tomorrow or today.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes. Really loving the game so far, it went back to its stealth roots unlike Metal Gear Rising (which in its own right was a great game as well)
I'm so sad I can't play GZ, my pc is too weak. MGR was an awesome game, even though it was far from its roots. I still listen to the soundtrack, it's amazing, they did a very good job making music that fits the theme of the game.

I actually did not even think of the steam sale wow. I forgot all about it and never checked out a single deal on it, wow I must be missing out, by the looks of this thread. I was so busy Christmas Shopping and with school I completely forgot to check the steam store, despite me being on steam every day!

Nothing, waiting on Wings of Vi and Shantae to get dailies.

There's a few other things I'm waiting on too like Pinball FX2 tables and a few other games I'm gonna get on the last day.

If you want a super cheap game Gearcrack Arena is 9 cents, the cheapest any non-free game has been on Steam.

I picked up The Golf Club yesterday. I had been eyeing this up for sometime and when it went on sale for $13.99 yesterday, I finally pulled the trigger. The reviews weren't overly impressive but from my limited time playing it so fsr, i have been enjoying it. I'm not sue I would have paid full price for it it at $14 it's worth it.

I haven´t bought anything yet this year, but you are right, MGR was a great game and I may look at picking up the newest edition.

Its time. Five Night's at Freddy's is on sale. I am now about to start gifting it to people on my friends list. LOL

Reactions: dillinger10
I haven't gotten anything yet. I've had my eye on Bioshock Infinite, Darksiders 2, and a couple of other games as well. I'm really hoping the Assassin's Creed 4 or something a bit newer goes on sale. I'll be all all over one of those in a heartbeat.