What happened to the "Free Weekend weekends" Steam was supposed to offer?

GlacialDoom

Registered
Nov 22, 2014
Oradea, Romania
Back in October, Valve hosted theirs first "Free Weekend Weekend" on Steam, in which around 10 games were free to play during the weekend. If I recall correctly, they said that they will be a common sight on Steam, but we have only gotten the regular free weekends so far, and no special "Free Weekend Weekend".

I hope they remember about their promise, because that weekend was really fun.

Well common sight doesn't mean weekly. I would be quite amazed if publishers let them give away games for free every week, honestly. :)

Maybe I should start reading the news more, because I haven't heard anything about this. My guess is their just trying to line up games for these weekends.

Yeah it's quite disappointing that there's only been one free weekend weekend. Still there's almost always a single game available to try out for free during most weekends, which is pretty cool.

Honestly, it's not like developers and Valve owe us free games on the weekends. We shouldn't expect such things, but we should enjoy them when they're available, even if that's a rare occurrence.

I don't think them offer free weekends on a regular basis will be good for business. Maybe is was just a one weekend thing that ended long ago. I don't really use Steam so I wouldn't know about these deals or sales.

Personally I wouldn't mind something kind of like this again. At least something to break the monotony of just downloading demo's to test out games that I want to try before I buy. Something that gives you full access to the game for just 2 days to see how far you can go into playing it and completing it, and whether it worth purchasing to play again at a later date. Though, I'd imagine that's more of a decision for the developers to do rather than a decision made by Steam.