Wanna be a Game Designer?

Pretty cool. A 360 shall be had soon for this and other good reasons (Brothers in Arms 3 and a little game called, uh, Halo 3).

That could be pretty interesting. It's kind of scary to think about the number of craptastic/suprisingly good games that would come from that. I honestly thought I'd never see the day.... hmmm, I guess Microsoft would be the ones to step up and do this though.

This would probably be the only reason for me to consider a 360.

yeah the 360 is cool and all but i dont feel like pending $600 for everything until halo 3 comes out..... and the game i played for thge 360, ( call of duty) i was disapointed... anyways i'll probly get one but not now, maybe next year...

Thats sweet, I cant wait to make a game involving Care Bears, a screwdriver, jumper cables, rabid dolphins, and of course demonic toasters for ghosty.

This is pure genius on Microsoft's part. People will pay them to make games for them. Only IF the games are good will the creators make any money, whereas Microsoft has already made their pretty penny.

The other part of the genius is this: you will see games people want. Microsoft has had difficulty breaking into the Japan market. This is a perfect way to see what they want and really what we want as consumers. "hey, there are 1,000 fighting games being designed. Maybe we should make more too..." Game designers should see this as both good and bad. The good: people will be handing you fresh ideas to explore. It will guide the market so designers don't have to guess at what people want. The bad: if the average Joe can start making games just as good as theirs and at less cost, they will be scrambling to keep up with business. The overhead for gaming companies is more than a trifling few bucks.

This could be another swift kick to the Sony's collective balls.

Hey Darth, i think it might be a time for me and you to get up and finally make the "No Mercy" sequel we have always wanted to see come back to gaming