Unreal Tournament

Sinfield

Registered
Mar 9, 2015
This game is making a comeback, and it's currently in pre-alpha stage. People can download the client for free and try in right now. For me, it's amazing that the devs decided to continue with the UT series after UT3, which was quite bad compared to its prequels. The decision to let others contribute with all sorts of content was amazing, simply because in arena shooters, the players know best when it comes to game mechanics. So far, the game feels like UT99 mixed with UT2k4. They even brought back some of the old weapon models! I will miss the double jumps, but instead they gave us better wall jumps, which I'm really excited about.

Attachments

• Unreal Tournament logo.png
    Unreal Tournament logo.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
I'm definitely keeping my eye on this. I loved the original UT, even though I was never great at twitch shooters, so I'm happy to see it come back and free to play. I'm waiting until at least a beta to play it, though.

It's always nice to see arena shooters making a comeback. Another one to keep an eye out for is Toxikk, which is out on Steam!

I can't say for sure that arena shooters are making a comeback. They have quite a small fanbase and I don't see how it would attract new players without some ranking system (let's be honest, putting new players against experienced ones would be horrible for both sides). All in all, I hope they will take their time to polish the game, don't really want them to rush it, especially when you can play it right now and track the progress yourself.

I tried it, but even putting the graphics settings on Max, didn't look thaaat great. Though my computer was getting <30fps at that point. Not having double jumps was surprising but I do need to try the wall jumps.

I don't know how to feel about this one, even though I did love Unreal Tournament back in the day. I'm sure the game will be good enough, but I don't think I'm going to take the time to give it a shot. Me from a few years ago would have jumped at the opportunity. I'm less excited now, though. :p