Trust Halo 2

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
In my drunken state, I must say that flowers bloom with the most colors on the wrong side of Halo 2

?....anyways I am glad the whole "leak" did not mess up release date. unlike those guys at valve....I think I am the only person that thinks valve used that as a cover up because HL2 was nowhere near finished.

Reply to: ActionHank:

?....anyways I am glad the whole "leak" did not mess up release date. unlike those guys at valve....I think I am the only person that thinks valve used that as a cover up because HL2 was nowhere near finished.

Valve has said that the leak had nothing really to do with the huge delay. It had something but they admiited a long time ago (like a year) that the game was never going to be finished on time.

Am I the only person not taken in by this game? Granted, I don't own an X-Box (yet), but I played through the original on a friends machine and sure it was a good game, but so was TimeSplitters 2 and nobody went gaga over that.

I'm not taken in either. I'm getting it but Halo 2, in my opinion, has got to be one of the most overrated games in history. It's a very great game, but not the second coming like some people make it sound like.

:b7: to get back on topice here lol
in my opinion Stan if your drinking and things don't look even the thing to do is have a few more drinks to even things out :p

I've been outspoken about Halo many times before. Yes, it was fun, and the graphic textures were pretty, but repetitive as hell. All 3 of them. And the thing about only carrying two weapons? To me it's a cheap excuse to make you have to track back thru a level, and get the gun you really want or need.
Having not played Halo 2, I can't judge it yet, but with all the hype, I seriously hope they've come a LONG way from the first outting, else dissapointment will settle with me again. Fun game, but I'll name three FPS's I thought were much better and more varied. Undying, Deus Ex, and even Timespitters 2. Besides, Halo had what, 3 to 4 different enemies?
Multiplayer? It was ok, but nothing defining (again, the two weapon limit hurts SO much!) Please let us carry more than one weapon, or at least give them alternate firing modes!

Halo 2, you have much work to do before I lobby.

I always wondered why, with Microsofts "superior" hardware, Halo never had bots. Are they gonna change that with Halo 2? Not that it will make me go out and buy it, but it'll prevent me from making fun of it.....ok, so it won't PREVENT me from making fun of it, but I'll think twice about it.....ok, so I won't think twice about it, maybe once.....maybe.

Bots would be a nice addition, and in my opinion, should be an option in ANY multiplayer fragfest. It really sucks to sit and wait on a certain number of people to finally join your game. Give us the option to replace them with bots so we don't have to wait to play. Again, a crucial mistake in the industry in my opinion, is substituting humans in solely for AI. Making a game based only on real players seems to make a good excuse for not having to define AI parameters and programming. I don't care how may times I play a human opponent, nothing is more impressive to me than an AI enemy ducking, rolling, and pushing over things to impeed my shooting at it. As more and more human multiplayer games come around, the magic of creating brilliant AI is dwindling. All games should give us both options! Halo 1 did not (was it because it wasn't really focused on multiplayer?).
Still, there is creativity to be had in human multiplayer matchups. Splinter Cell's multiplay is about the most imaginative it gets.

You must have loved Perfect Dark. The bots in that game had my favorite weapon being unarmed a few times. Sick.

While carrying only two weapons was an impediment to many experienced fraggers on the PC, it was a logical choice to help create the illusion of a real story. Not many people in this world can carry a large amount of firepower and still move easily, much less be effective with them.

I also think that Multiplayer is made better by only two choices for weapons. It makes you wonder what's needed in a particular area. A bit of strategy in my eyes. Then again, I play counterstrike and being able to carry two different large weapons instead of a primary and sidearm is a luxery.

That's my point. I mean, who would have argued with being able to carry 5 weapons in Halo? Would Halo NOT have received it's merits if you could've carried more weapons? I personally think not, but again, it's just an opinion. I agree about the element in multiplayer though. It does have it's place there.

Timesplitters 2, which may not be the "best" FPS ever, but it was the most fun is my favorite FPS, Perfect Dark is a VERY close 2nd. 2nd only because the game became frustrating at certain points on the hardest difficulty level. PD is in fact the only game I still own for my N64 and the only reason I keep that crap machiene around anymore.

Oh man, you're not kidding.

I tossed Goldeneye for PD, but consider Conker's Bad Fur day as one of the unlooked gems of a craptacular system, which hosts 2 of my top ten worst games of all time

They don't have bots because making the rediculously complex algarithms needed to have an intelligent bot take WAY to much time away from making everything else in the game good.

I can't say Halo was easy and boring, but I can say the Single player wore thin quickly. After a trip through the game, it's either multiplayer or bust.

Hence the reason Bots are needed.