Toys "R" Us

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Okay, so back on September 17th, I went into a Toys R Us near my house and pre-ordered a Wii. The clerk "Gerald" told me that what I was signing up for was a bundle of Wii, two controllers, and two games. (This was prior to the confirmation that Wii Sports was included.)

Shortly thereafter, Nintendo announced that this bundle was no longer being offered, so I forgot about it. Today, I was reminded of it because I was searching the Toys R Us Canada web-site, trying to determine if my store was doing anything special for the launch, like staying open past midnight or something like that. I stumbled across the product page for the pre-order bundle I mentioned above. It said "no longer for sale", but it said nothing about it not being honoured.

I called my local store, where I'd made the pre-order. I spoke with the full-time Video Game manager guy. Mr. Manager.

He basically told me that he knows nothing. He bugs head office and his Nintendo rep on a daily basis, but they tell him squat.

He doesn't know how much the afor-mentioned bundle will cost (which sucks because Emma and are in the midst of some budgeting woes). He doesn't know if the "two games" means Wii Sports plus one other game, or Wii Sports plus two other games. He doesn't know what the extra game(s) will be or if we'll get to choose them. He doesn't know if two controllers means just an extra 'mote or a 'mote and a nunchuk. It's all very worrying.

My chief worry is that the bundle will be too pricey and I'll be forced to withdraw my pre-order and leave it up to fate whether or not I even get a Wii this year! Poop!

I think I said this before...

when Toys R Us opened up the preorders for the Wii and PS3, something was BOUND to go either wrong, or completely fraudulent. Toys R Us is in the red, atm, which set off the corporate conspiracy theory section of my mind.

I would say that getting a Wi,i if you withdraw your pre-order, would be difficult.....I mean if you do, who knows??....You might be like me and luck up like i did with my 360....Sure, i got the basic bundle, but that is all i wanted to begin with....Something like 10 different stores were selling only bundles, which meant that i was going to pay extra for games in the bundle i never wanted.....The good thing about getting the smallest package is that you could play the Virtual Console games for a little while, til you get more money up for more games and accessories....That is what i did when i first got my 360....Smart Thinking, Ol' Chum!!