Tornado

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
Last night the GTA (Greater Toronto Area, not Grand Theft Auto) was under a severe storm warning.

At approximately 10:15, my street was unhappy victim of a tornado. It hit my house. Everybody on the street is unhurt, but there is a HELLA damage. My next door neighbour's roof is in pretty rough shape, and much of it has crashed through others' windows.

Quote of the Storm: "Dean's roof is in my bedroom."

My house made it through pretty well, considering it was a direct hit. No instantly visible roof damage, but the some of the facia was stripped off the gables and the soffit was blown out in some places by a pressure build up in the attic. Don't ask me how that happened. We also have a tree across our lawn, luckily it's one of the city's trees, so they'll remove it and likely replace it.

A neighbour down the street is missing his fence. Nobody can find it. Seriously. There are shingles all over the place. One guy got a flat tire from a roofing nail last night right after the tornado blew through.

Anyhow, I'm pretty tired today, as I didn't get to sleep until around 1:00 and I wake up at 6:00 for work.