To The Moon - A short but heartfelt tale

kaizen

Registered
Feb 7, 2015
To The Moon (released 2011 by Freebird Games) is a somewhat popular story driven title that is known for its heartfelt narrative. The story revolves around two scientists who enter a dying mans memories in an attempt to alter them and give him his dream. It sounds bizarre but it becomes quite interesting and the story sometimes tugs on your heartstrings a little.

The game uses a pixel style graphic design and the "game" portion mostly amounts to you walking around and collecting things. Don't be fooled, this is definitely one of those book story type games that not everyone can enjoy.

I would definitely recommend it to anyone interested in playing out a little story game, it's quite a gem and the reviews online for it are very positive (4/5 metacritic, 5 star on steam, 7.5 IGN).

Who else has played through this tiny masterpiece? Did you enjoy it? Are you excited that there is a sequel in the works? Join the discussion below ~

images

It's one of the few RPG Maker games on Steam which are truly stellar. The soundtrack is especially good. It's been bundled a few times before so you should be able to get the game for pretty cheap.

I'm not going to lie. I think I saw Markiplier play this game, and that's the only reason I know what it is. However, I've been meaning to play it for quite some time now. I just need to get around to it because it's been sitting on my computer for weeks now. :p

I just added this to my wishlist. Looks like an interesting game. I've heard about it, but I've never seen gameplay, but I've seen some screenshots. I'mma see if I can buy it tomorrow :)

I honestly can't recommend this game enough. The story is short but goddamn heart wrenching at moments. And the music... Dear god the music. I still get teary eyed when some of these songs play...

While everyone else gives this game high praise, I have to say that this title hasn't managed to impress me at all. What probably contributed to this was the stupid, out of place pop culture references that the male character (I forgot what his name was) kept spewing out whenever things were becoming more sentimental, killing the mood.

No, it wasn't horrible, but the story didn't make much sense for me, although I have enjoyed the childhood memories sequences. I also think that the gameplay was horrible, and that it would've worked way better if it was a visual novel instead of trying to use an RPG style.