theft or old schooling

kurruption

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Da Hood, Beeyatch
touchy subject, whats everyones opinion on roms, I feel it's fine as long as it's for an obsolete system or something that isn't in circulation such as nes and genesis games, let's face it the only way I can get a copy of let's say streets of rage I have to scour the net for it or buy a used copy. None of that profit is going to the original creators though. So I believe that should be fine. But when it's something that's available such as chrono trigger on the psx that shouldn't be allowed since it technically still affects the original creators.

Yeah that is touchy. For purposes like you said, where it's hard to find a game or it's old/used (16 bit systems or pre-PS1) I really don't see a problem with it personally. Depends on who you ask though.

i think its just fine to have roms. i heard awhile ago that they were goin to start chargin people for genesis roms on one of the console. i think it was the xbox. eff that...

I think Piracy period is ok, as long as you pay for the stuff you really like in some fasion that the creators get the profit from it. Older video games period is becoming too hard to find. Both Internet and to Buy.