The truth is out

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
A little over a week ago, I discovered that my Wal-mart had some 360's. At first, I talked my self out of it. "I've already spent a good amount of Christmas money" "It won't kill me to wait a little longer" etc. As soon as I got home, my wife Carol insisted I go back down and get in line. I went back later on that night and was able to get one. I was thinking "my wife loves me. She knew how much I wanted one and she wanted me to have it."

Then she found out that Knights of the Old Republic doesn't work on it.

Now she could care less and almost regrets getting one.

That's why you get a projector and a big, blank wall.

But I was just being facetious. It sucks that it's not backwards compatibel... yet. As I understand it, Microsoft is going to be releasing updates. I guess the 360 using emulation to play XBox games? That means that all they have to do is update the emulator to enable more games.

I remember having to wait while my dad heard a big schpiel from a salesman about how it was the future of computing. That having the TV as a monitor was going to be huge. That was over 10 years ago. It sucked then, and hasn't gotten too much better.

I knew a guy who used a projector for both his PC and as a TV. It was actually pretty freakin' cool, and he could even PIP the TV while he was using the computer. The nice thing is that those projectors can display fairly high resolutions, so they work for HDTV and they can work for gaming.

That's different than those media center or web TV PC's. The main problem ther eis that a standard TV just doesn't have the display capabilities of a PC monitor. Even HDTV's are on the low end in terms of resolution. I remember using my Dreamcast for some stuff on the web, and it was just hard to make things out. I think the final nail in the coffin of this concept was the advent of the truly cheap PC; you can get the whole package for as little as $400, so there's not much value to a $200 or $300 set-top box that isn't nearly as robust.