The PSP

sorrowscall

Great Hero Rosayln(Okage)
Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Lately, I've been studying up on all the handheld gaming I can. It seems like the PSP is one of those handheld platforms that truly lost it's American market but still thrives as a Japanese gaming system and as a JRPG supporter. It's, in a word, halfway stood the test of time.

I could definitely see that, especially with games like Persona 3/4 and Crisis Core being so celebrated on the system. Just a shame that the Vita has crashed and burned so badly...

I could definitely see that, especially with games like Persona 3/4 and Crisis Core being so celebrated on the system. Just a shame that the Vita has crashed and burned so badly...
Are you sure the Vita's burned? It's not as popular as other handhelds like the Nintendo DS but I have a large group of friends who'd go bonkers without their PSP Vitas on hand. Although, I'm still trying to figure out how a Vita is different from an ordinary PSP.

Imho PSP > Vita. It's just so much better in terms of games, UI and what not. I feel that the Vita is literally a smartphone with a controller attached to it. Also, if you don't have a PSP you can easily make a DIY version with a MOGA controller. Get the controller, get a PSP emulator on your smartphone, and your set!

Imho PSP > Vita. It's just so much better in terms of games, UI and what not. I feel that the Vita is literally a smartphone with a controller attached to it. Also, if you don't have a PSP you can easily make a DIY version with a MOGA controller. Get the controller, get a PSP emulator on your smartphone, and your set!
But, if you can do the same thing with a Vita and a smartphone, then truly the only difference is better UI and higher res games? Don't get me wrong, that's reason enough to make it better but it's not enough bang for the buck. On the other hand, if you want to play certain JRPGs, the Vita is the best platform for that.

I think the PSP actually had a great library of game especially towards the end of its life. The Vita sounds great on paper but just has not caught on due to its high price and complexity. And who wants to pay a fortune for a stupid memory card..?