The best weapon in gaming

ActionHank

Staff Writer (PC, Xbox)
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Nashville
www.kat5kaos.com
I would like to know you guys opinion on what the best weapon is. Dossen't matter which console as long as it was in a game and it was used to hurt something or blow something up.

In my opinion the Gravity Gun from HL2, or the little holy gun thing from Painkiller are the best.

BCampbell said:
What was the game with the shark gun? You know, where the shark came out of the ground and ate the victim?

I think it was Armed and Dangerous.

I liked that gun from the Ratchet and Clank series...the duck-o-meter or quack-o-meter. I forget. Going Commando had a chicken gun, Up your Arsenal had a duck gun.

Can't forget about the cutlery in Chrono Cross, the giant Tuna in Skies of Arcadia or Lulu's dolls in FFX...

I concur with the Chicken guns from Ratchet and Clank. I have only played the first one, but it was damn fun. The whips in the Castlevania series have also been classic.

But perhaps what takes my cake, and it should be no surprise to anyone on various levels, is the Screw Attack from the Metroid series.

Damn wijg and your metroid shenanigans

Let's see, the knights of the round materia in FF7, the spread gun in Contra, the vigoorian flail in Ninja Gaiden, and the power star in the original super mario bros

Kurruption, Contra, nice. Very nice. I was always partial to the laser gun though in that game. Especially when you pressed B very fast and the blast didn't go anywhere. But it was fun.

Call me sentimental, but I will always say lightsaber. They make fun sounds when you swing them.

super sheep WAS awesome in worms.

however, i am gonna go with the answer i was originally going to post before anybody... when my browser farted and i just said "hell" and decided not to try to post again. it went a little something like this...

as far as my most memorable awesome weapon, i'd have to go with the gatling gun from wolfenstein 3d. it was my first ultra-violent game and after having torn through countless nazis with my pistol (trying to conserve ammo) it was a great reward to receive the cadillac of guns (as far as gas mileage). the grin on blakowitz' (or whatever his name was) face was priceless. the sheer nazi-mowing power was revolutionary for its time...at least from my 8 year old perspective or however old i was. it left quite an impression. i guess that last sentence might not be a good thing. oh well.

Rygar, that was old school. Didn't they make a Rygar game for the current generation? The diskarmor was a pretty damn cool weapon. Was the new game any good?

The shotgun, plain and simple. It is the Holy Grail of weaponry. The Terminator loves it, Duke Nukem loves it, Ash loves it, Alice from the Resident Evil movies loves it -- all your favorite heros love the shotgun. If Batman used guns, he'd use the shotgun with "Bat"shot.

I don't know Yoggs. Samus doesn't use a shotgun. I have to follow her example. The ice beam in Prime was kinda like a shot gun, slow and strong.