Thanksgiving Plans

wulfman

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
Do you look forward to Thanksgiving ? What are your plans this year ? I get along with my family and my wife cooks a good turkey so it is always fun for me.

Actually I would put it on the same level as Christmas with Black Friday and that 4 day weekend and 3 days of football ! And I am too old to get any gifts now so Christmas is meaningless LMAO.

I live in Australia, but I think Thanksgiving would be a really nice holiday to have here. We don't eat turkey that much though; would that be a problem? Haha. This country needs more holidays so everyone can continue to be lazy, party and celebrate the giving of thanks. Since I live in Australia, I don't have any plans for Thanksgiving but I am really excited for Christmas already! Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

Yea if we didn't have Thanksgiving that would probably make Christmas 10x more special for me. Thanks for the well wishes. Christmas in Australia is during the summer right ? I have never been to Australia but if I could visit a country then it would be at the top of my list. I see pictures of Australia and I know a lot of it is desert on the western part of the continent but the eastern coast is like something out of a nature magazine. Happy holidays to you as well.

I don't know....I'm not big on the 'origins' and the way they teach it and all that. Or how close together the two events are between expressing gratefulness for all our blessings and then tramping people to death over a fair deal on an iPhone. But I do enjoy the sentiment of expressing thankfulness and spending time with family, so I try to keep the focus on that. I usually have a good time. We're doing some volunteering this year, and I expect that will be good.

So thankfully people will be once again coming to my house this year. Woot ! I guess my wife and I are the best hosts. :)

I love thanksgiving. This year I'm going up to North Carolina to spend it with family up there. We all normally eat a bunch of breakfast then listen to Alice's Restaurant and the Turkey song on the way to my Grandparents house. At my grandparents house, I usually eat a few pieces of turkey and a lot of other food. After which, I'll hang out with my cousins and wait in order to be able to eat the rest of the turkey. That's right, I eat 80% of the turkey. I'm not ashamed of that.

I love thanksgiving. This year I'm going up to North Carolina to spend it with family up there. We all normally eat a bunch of breakfast then listen to Alice's Restaurant and the Turkey song on the way to my Grandparents house. At my grandparents house, I usually eat a few pieces of turkey and a lot of other food. After which, I'll hang out with my cousins and wait in order to be able to eat the rest of the turkey. That's right, I eat 80% of the turkey. I'm not ashamed of that.

Yea I gorge during Thanksgiving too. Have a nice time. Nothing to be ashamed of !

I'm having Thanksgiving at my house this year with my immediate family, which my family and I have never done before (we've always had Thanksgiving at a relative's house), so that will be interesting. I'm looking forward to the turkey and the stuffing, as usual. I also want to watch the parade, since I haven't done that in a few years. I'm also thankful that I don't have work on Black Friday.

At this point I think I'll just eat out this year. Thanksgiving is great a lot of the time, but this year bad timing has killed a lot of interest. I'll be thankful to just get paid before the day so I can eat somewhere nice. lol.