Superman Returns

scoops

Registered
Dec 6, 2005
Toronto, Canada
bmunroe.roestudios.com
I've made my plans to see it tomorrow night, with two other couples (couples who I can always count on to go see comics movies).

So, this thread is for those of us who haven't seen it yet. As soon as you see it, you are forbidden to post in this thread (as I will be, tomorrow night). Go ahead and start another thread with a spoiler warning to talk about your Superman experience.

Only one more sleep 'til Superman Returns. I'm so excited. I haven't been this bouncy about a movie since LotR: Return of the Jedi...I-mean-King.

Speaking of LotR, the musical, which opened in my town, is closing early. It's 50% more expensive than the previous record holder (Lion King), and wasn't generating enough interest among non-geeks to keep it floating. I'm sad. Apparently, it's being retooled to appeal to a broader audience and will make a return in a few years. In the meantime, it will be playing in London.

But I digress.

SUPERMAN. I have heard that Singer really plays into the whole Christ-type aspect of Supes, which is cool, because I've recently become very interested in the parallels. (Anybody know of a good article/essay on that on the web? I'd like to read a full-blown comarison between Superman and Jesus.)

So anybody else as excited as I am?

I really don't know about Christ-like aspect of Supes, but dozzens of comics play into the fact that Superman is expected to save the day everytime, or be moral and uphold certin values. Not just Supes but all the DC heros. Over the past year or two comic writers have really been playing into a phrase im sure someone before me has coined "Superman is still just a man". What I mean by that is setting up situations where whats good and evil is kind of blured and the decisions Superman makes does not please everyone. They also play into consideration just how much power should one man hold. The comic book "Identity Crisis" which involves the Justice League Sups is apart of is a prime example. Its some good reads.

Me and my friends are going to go see it today I believe. Should be pretty good. Not going crazy or anything, but it'll be a good time.

LotR Musical? Go figure.