Sports titles for PC: Where have they gone?

Mandoli

Registered
Mar 14, 2016
CT
I hate to ask this question, but where have all the sports titles for the PC gone off to?

I had a copy of NHL08 that I used to play all the time. Obviously, being a little inept at playing games on the computer, it took me a little bit of time to get used to the controls. I remember having the instruction booklet open in front of me so I could easily see what keys did what. It made me feel comfortable.

Point is, that was something I would run back to when I had free time, and I loved it. I think I had that game up until 2011-ish. Then I don't know what happened to the copy. And now that I want to play sport-based games again, I just don't have the money to get a console and a game every year.

So why doesn't EA or someone else put out a game for the PC? I'd throw my money at them if it was hockey-related. And if there's already something out there, why am I not hearing about it?

I'm not sure about the other sports games, but there are still NBA 2K and Fifa for the PC, and the recent versions are still quite good. Understandably, some companies may have decided to not release in the PC due to the relatively smaller sales for sports video games, but those that still support the platform continue to have quality games.