Speaking of Cosplay...

BCampbell

Staff Member
Registered
*squeals* I know some of the Cosplayers.

Dragon Con is a larger con. Not one I ever plan on attending. But it is, from what i have been told, a good one.

Onna, and TrintyCon are my next ones. (Onna is in Newark NJ and Trinity is in MI) Then my Con year starts all over again.

I went to my first con this year. I stopped by the one GA Tech had. The primary reason I went was to hear a discussion on women in gaming and anime. It was soon after I wrote my women in videogames article for the site. However, the discussion sucked. The moderators hadn't really planned anything and people just started throwing out random stuff. Eventually they just started talking about hentai. It was very disappointing.

I wouldn't have minded attending DragonCon, seeing as I live in Atlanta, but I have yet to convince my friends down here that anime can be a very strong form of entertainment. And therefore, I didn't want to go alone. I feel enough like a loser at all other times in my life. I don't need to be walking around by myself, a sad, forlorn look on my face, as various cosplayers point and sneer at the idiot dressed in street clothes.

I'm pretty impressed with a few of the costumers in hese pcitures. My favorite is the AEon Flux one, mainly because the chick really looks like the character down to the ribcage and all. Some of the others were cool, but some of these people are just trying too hard. I think that's why the initial reaction of most people is that it's relaly geeky. Actually, not even geeky, dorky. At first, it lookes like something people do when they can't get enough attention at home. But after you see some really good examples and people just having fun with it, it's cool.

The closest I've come to cosplay is when we went to the Sterling Renaissance Fest a few years ago and three of us wore elf ears. Most of the people at the fiar thought it was hilarious, but late in the day some asshole in what I guess was supposed to be priest robes came up to us and told us that this was a place for serious people, not fantasy stuff that never existed. Kind of ruined our day. Later on I realized that if I had been quicker with a comeback I would tahev told him that they didn't have bleached linens and deoderant in the 1500's so his proky ass would have smelled like a landfill and small animals should be living in his clothes.

I think it's those kinds of people that give the cosplay world a weird rep.

When the book drops big, I want to hire a designer to make me a good replica of Vash the Stampede's outfit and gun and Spike's suit. I'll wear them when I take my kids trick or treating. Of course, the latter aspect would require finding a chick who doesn't think I am a complete dork. Which could prove difficult, nay near on impossible.

I took pity on wijg. I gave him a large discount. Mostly he pays off the massive debt he owes me by doing yardwork and other chores around the house. And as soon as I have this goddamned alien baby, he's going to be doing A LOT of babysitting.

It is so nice to have another woman in the forums! Someone else who understands the role of the male in society.

I say we blaze those trails towards the beach - where scanilty clad and very buff cabana boys will cater to our every whim.

Facial hair? Deep voice? Superior intellect?

Also, you all could resurrect the Ladies Only thread. Perhaps Pebbles will return as well and there could be four of you, seeing as Queenie has been gracing the forums with her pressence a little more often. And if Demi could climb out from under the huge pile of smilies that she is trapped under, well, shit...it could be a revolution. But not the Revolution. That is just a figment of our imaginations.