Socom 3

Guardian_Nick

Registered
Apr 22, 2006
Do you ever think the maps will come out or new update. I mean there making patches but they never tell what it is :scratchch

thats why they are alowing people to dled the new maps to a flash drive.....

witch sadly will open the doors the the socom 1 hack feasco agean.
then agean mabie they got there shit together for once....

Probably not...They are already working on Socom 4, for the PS3

Guardian_Nick said:
Do you ever think the maps will come out or new update. I mean there making patches but they never tell what it is :scratchch

i have heard that there might be new maps but that could be a rumor. if any 1 goes on add me as friend my name is yeah_i see you on

They wont release any new maps, they're just going to make a new game for PS3.

What I want to know.. is how come the PAL version doesn't start with the patches?

Seems almost criminally to take half a year to convert the US version to the EU version whilst not bothering to add in the patches.

Socom has gone through alot. Socom 1 was a crazy cheating frenzy, Honestly. Socom 2 for when it came out was the best. It has great gameplay and i could sit there with my friends and have a good time. Now, Socom 3, they made it so you have to be COMPLETELY into the game online and the activation of a CC made it so people wouldnt cheat.. but there are still glitchs.. THATS JUST MY OPINION.. but w/e.. ill still probably get socom for ps3

Guardian_Nick said:

I think they might let us know whats going on at E3. But then again Zipper is not very customer friendly with telling people whats going on. I don't think they relize its just hurting them more by not letting us know whats going on.

Socom 3 nothing compaired to Socom 2

To me S3 suks plain and simple.Yea I was a fiend for the game, and just u guys of was a die-hard fan, but after 2 months u can clearly see that S2 and S1 were better games. I could spend days apon day playing Socom 3's predecessors but after a few hours on S3 i was quickly bored.

Wit all the hype surrounding the launch of S3 alot of ppl were disappointed. Yes S3 had alot of cool new features, like customizable guns, but the game play is/was nothing close to Socom 2. Socom 1 and 2 were just better shooter games while S3 seemed like a hasten attemp to make another great gunner game, and the end result it felt like a cheap shooter game wit a few cosmetic and flashy new features.
I kno i'ma get flamed cuz of i said this but idk , i just want Socom 4 to retain (or even improve) its gameplay from S2 and keep (or improve) the same cool features on S3.

I hope Socom 4 lives up to its hype this time.

hollen said:
Socom has gone through alot. Socom 1 was a crazy cheating frenzy, Honestly. Socom 2 for when it came out was the best. It has great gameplay and i could sit there with my friends and have a good time. Now, Socom 3, they made it so you have to be COMPLETELY into the game online and the activation of a CC made it so people wouldnt cheat.. but there are still glitchs.. THATS JUST MY OPINION.. but w/e.. ill still probably get socom for ps3

Yeah i have sort of the same views? I got into the socom game on #1.... about 2 months before socom 2 came out. Socom was pretty addicting. I could sit there for a while and play (ONLINE) and come back everyday for a month and play. Socom 2! OMG! in my opinion the BEST GAME FOR A CONSOLE EVER!!!! I probaly had over 1500 hours playing this game! I was never a big video game nerd or anything... just liked to play when I was bored, SOCOM 2 changed that! I would honestly get up, go to school, come home play socom until 12 or 1 at night. go to sleep... eat somewhere in between there... All of my grades started slipping and everything... Im in 12 grade now, and i got it under control after the first semester of my grades going to shit. (so that happened in 9th grade I think... managed to have everything back on track in 10th.) But still... like all summer! SOCOM 2!!! ALL THE TIME! or when i was not working....
- - - - - - - - - SOCOM 3 - - - - - - - - -..... i really dont like this game that much. In my opinion, the worst of the socom's yet. This game is not addicting. I can stop playing after like 20mins. The credit card thing didnt do shit! people still glitch, and its not like you can report people!!!! SO, people enter their credit card, glitch, and keep on doing it. there are NO online moderators or anything, so the credit card thing was pointless. I cant really stand the HUGE maps and some games on there will last for F***ING 3 HOURS!!!!!! hella draws and shit!!!

- - BOTTOM LINE - - socom 3 is weak! it needs those new maps, and i really hope they get around to bringing back the socom 2 maps! I miss DG, CROSS, Fish.... Mixer, Sujo, Enowapi.... hmmmm.... i loved socom 2 maps... the need to take the socom 2 maps... have 3 settings for them SMALL, MED, Large... and small being the size in socom 2... med being like 1.5 times bigger and larger being like 2x bigger... They just cant be huge.

Sorry if i got off topic. I just had to blow off some Socom 3 anger!
-Chris

CaliChris517 i feel u. the whole creditcard thing was a good start but zipper should follow through and monitor online gameplay. Or else the "CC scam" was pointless. they should [GM]s and online chats to report cheaters and/or glitchers(like FFXI :smile:), cuz thats was messed up the 1st game.

I dont know how many of you know this, but EB games released information on the newest socom game. Socom US Navy seals combined assault this maybe an expansion of socom 3, just like socom 2 was an expansion off socom 1. Maybe they're just going to forget about the map packs and just come out with this.

New Map Storage...

I hear that the new maps will have to sit on a thumb drive or a hard drive (if you have one installed)... I haven't seen how much space is needed on a thumb drive for each map, but I do know you have to download them 3 maps at a time (pack)...

I play a buch of S3, really don't like it much, I prefer a FPS and I can't wait for America's Army to get here on May 30th...

Peace,

My uncle raced with the zipper head guy... which has little relovence to anything... socom 4 is going to be at e3 just to clarify... they already announced it like in november

SOCOM 3 is a complete waste of time. Who wants to play 1 map for 1 hour and 30 minutes when you can play 6-8 maps on SOCOM II in that time. The maps are too big and everyone just sits in a bush and camps. There is no fun in that. SOCOM II is more in your face and do what needs to be done to win.

i still like s3 n even though theirs a whole bunch of laggers n shit but i still like it