Silent Hills Cancelled

LemonyPinkness

LemonyPinkness
Registered
Feb 16, 2015
It would've been fantastic to see a title featuring Guillermo del Toro's involvement. Konami's cancellation of Silent Hills and removal of P.T. from the Playstation store is a real let down. Hopefully, Konami comes back with something great when they revisit the franchise.

I wouldn't hold my breath on Konami publishing any new massive IPs in the near future. It probably isn't a popular opinion to have, but the best moves that they can make right now are cheap, easy, solid ground work stuff. Mainly doing PS2 classics and things like that to get some quick cash and try and reestablish themselves. Voluntary or not, de-listing is not good. del Toro is great, but he has a terrible game track record and Kojima has a habit of making budget explode. The two of them together on that might have been too good to be true, and too expensive to last.

While I'd also wouldn't have minded seeing these games make it to the next gen series of console, I'm guessing there might not have been much interest in it worldwide?

I still can't believe Silent Hills will not be happening. This is a major blow to my gut man.. I can't. Damn Konami man..