Silent Hill Movie

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
So has anyone seen it yet? Most critics are kinda bashing the movie, but it feels like they are only doing so because they don't know the videogame material. One critic compared the monsters to the MJ Thriller video which is just ridiculous. I think movie critics think it's the "in" thing to do to just write off a videogame movie. Granted most of them do suck, but I had high hopes for SH so I'm going to see it either today or Thursday and judge for myself.

I love that Silent Hill teaser. The grain in the video is awesome and totally captures the creepy feel of SH. I hope they use it in some part of the movie, but I doubt they will.

Well, I don't think Silent Hill is ever really baffling in its endings...so it might just hold true to the game!

I really want to see this. I've been a big fan of the games since the first one. Judging by the previews it looks like they stayed pretty true to the games, which I think means if you're a fan of the games you're going to find at least some enjoyment in this film.

Hope you guys paid attention to your SH storylines. ;) I should see it tomorrow (Wed) and will have an article/review of it shortly after.

News Flash- It isn't the videogame aspect that is holding this movie back. The whole script was B movie material.

Yes, I consider Silent Hill games to be one of the most intelligent and artistic series' out there. I wish David Lynch would have directed this some way, somehow.

Yea I sow it and from what i've been hering is that only the ppl who played the games liked the movie. I only made it to about game 1. The movie basicly takes the first three games and mashed it up in this movie. Thing is it has room for a second flick. And the Movie made 20 mill this weekend. So be ready to watch another movie

Well, I saw it today and I liked it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible, it was good. Be warned though, this is not for the faint of heart. It can get pretty nasty which surprised me. I didn't think the movie had the guts (literally and figuratively) to go as far as it went.

As far as the script goes, I have no idea how it could be compared to B level writing, I totally disagree with that opinion. Most of the movie worked for me except that everyone seems to be required to say the name Silent Hill at least 5 times throughout the film. The very end was a bit disapointing, but doesn't distract from the movie as a whole.

Just remember that SH is a horror film, it's not Oscar Wilde. It totally worked for me on a popcorn movie level, which is what all scary movies are basically, unless they take themselves too seriously (i.e. The Omen).

Maybe you're right PrinceLUDA, I do love the games, and I do like the movie. I did go into the theater wanting to like it, but the same can be said for the Tomb Raider movie and I hated that one. It just feels like people bash every movie that comes out. It's like people are afraid to say they like a film now.

Wow, this was pretty good. Finally, a movie based off a video game that makes so many efforts to be like the videogame. It can afford to do so because the game's are so good. Details are switched around, stuff throughout the series are compressed into one story, gets a little confusing, probably more than it should have been at the end, but good stuff if you're a fan of the series. I should have something written up about the movie soon.

Yeah me and PrinceLUDA21 saw it and I loved it.It was longer than I thought it would be.(which is not a bad thing)Critic are dumb!The fact it made 20mil is good for people want to see movie games that have some elements of the game in it.

Hey ThunderKing, I had dreams about Triangle head and what he did to that girl it was not nessacery for all that. Her skin LMAO. but i liked it now someone gave me details on the games but I still think we should go back to lab and ad that to the distrction list. And don't you owe Triangle head Some work?

Don't know probaly Fri. After I tape OC. Anna comin back gotta see that.

IT's GONIG DOWN THREE"S GONNA BE WAVES COMIN IN ON FRI, SAT, By SUNDAY...................................

Whatever. I aint doin shit gotta go get my 360 from Kamau's house then i'm gonna try to run som FFIX

Hey anybody on here play FFIX. I Just got it for the 360 and i'm gonn be solo till I find friends.

"As far as the script goes, I have no idea how it could be compared to B level writing, I totally disagree with that opinion."

Then you don't read the english language much because what the screenwrighter did to it set us back about 30 years. It was worse than reading any of Bendis' current stuff.

And that is awful.

I mean why let the audience know that there are "reports of the town being haunted" when the characters are already being attacked by the hauntees? A 14 year old could have pinned that thing and to find out it was Roger Avary!!!??? With such credits as Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs and True Romance under his belt???

He should have his SFA card not only burnt but they should burn the thing they used to burn it then put that in a sack and burn that.

So . . . that's all you have to complain about? Yeah, that really made the whole script awful.

So what. They stated the obvious a few times, who cares. It's not a drama like those other movies. If you want to overanalyze a horror movie to find silly things like that to complain about then that's your business. I have my opinion and you have yours.

Maverick- did you like Doom?

I bet you did.

Stop being a craized fanboy and go watch the movie again. No, that wasn't the only bit of questionable dialouge. The whole script felt stiff coming out of the actors mouths and it totally didn't match the feel of the movie- moreso it made the whole affair even more confusing than it should have been.

The movie stunk and the script went a long way to help it do so.