Sid Meier's Civilization

Rowe992

Registered
Feb 6, 2015
Okay so I found out about the game Civilization about 4 years ago and since then I have been a huge fan of the series. I enjoy playing this game so much that I would play for hours and don't realize where the time went. Does anyone else play this game and what do you think about it?

The Civilization series of games are incredible, and I've spent many hours pouring my mind into those games. They involve a decent amount of strategy, and there's plenty of variation between the games. I've considered each new addition an improvement upon its predecessor!

I'm not a fan of Beyond Earth, but Civ 4 and Civ V are simply amazing in terms of depth and replayability.

Ohhh yea. I remember getting Civilization 2 for my birthday when I was around 15 or 16. I'd end up playing that game for hours. Days. Weeks even. In fact at one point I didn't have internet or television for 4 months. Guess which game passed the time for me for several hours? You guessed it. Civilization 2, and all the mods I could find for it.

Now a days, if I want, I just load up Civilization 5 and do the same thing. Though I play it with the Civilization 2 soundtrack looping in the background just for nostalgic effects.

I agree with the Beyond Earth edition not doing it for me either. I love the realistic nature of civilization and the space colonization edition just doesn't do it for me. I will stick with Civilization IV and V for now.

Beyond Earth was a big let-down. It should have been DLC for Civ V, and that way you could have gone into space immediately after getting a science victory. Personally I only have some 60 hours in Civ V and play on lower difficulties, but it's still amazing how hooking it is. Sometimes I forget I have to go to sleep and break out of my Civ marathon when I realise it's 6 am and light outside.