Revolution Graphics?

Yeah, it wasn't a great video. But the Revolution, judging by the specs, isn't going to look much better than the regular Xbox.

Not that I actually care what a characters pimples look like or how sweet the background is. XBOX360 games are super lame. I have only enjoyed the arcade games that a friend downloaded. That is because the arcade games are actually fun. The other games for the 360 do not interest me at all. UnFun

I concur with Spuds. I'll also add Need for Speed Most Wanted and the sheer beauty of xbl. So far, I've been impressed at some level by everything specifically for or improved for the 360.

cuinneas said:
Improved graphics bore me.

Not that I actually care . . . how sweet the background is.

XBOX360 games are super lame.

:snooty:
. . . You're like an anti-gamer's-gamer or something. How much is Nintendo paying you to post here? (just joking)

I just like to play the games. As long as the game is fun and the graphics are not so messed up that they hurt my eyes and give me a headache then I am fine. I have played pretty games before. To me that just means that it takes longer to load.

BTW Nintendo could never pay me. i would totally misrepresent and would cause a lawsuit. i don't know that much about games. I just know that graphics are the last thing that I am worried about if the game is not fun.

It doesn't matter right now, anyways. There have been no specs yet, though there have been 'leaked' ones. I seriously doubt that Nintendo is going to cast aside graphical gaming for the sake of new and innovative ways to play. If you recall what Iwata said last year at GDC:

"Our system will not only deliever new technologies... New technologies are good, but not enough."

I would take Iwata at his word right there. What I think that means is that the Revolution will have good graphics, though maybe not SUPERIOR graphics, and will also have innovative technologies to make the system the best all-around. Combining graphical gameplay at a new way to play is probably the way that Nintendo is aiming, although they are making comments that seem to point out that the Revolution is going to suffer graphically.

Even so, if it did, it probably wouldn't be by that much. Early reports indicated that the Revolution could be anywhere from three to nine times as powerful as the Gamecube. Did we all forget that the Gamecube was the second most poweful system out this generation? Playstation 2's "E-Motion" engine could not shake a finger at it. The reason we overlook this fact is because the 'Cube didn't sell as well, and no third party support.

Maybe the Revolution won't have the greatest graphics this generation, but I certainly wouldn't tag it as having bad graphics yet.

What you seem to be forgetting is that "three to nine times more powerful" thing is that the Xbox 360 and PS3 are what...fifty to seventy times more powerful? The Revolution would really have to be twenty to thirty times more powerful to be noticably better than the Cube.

And none of us were tagging it as bad graphics. But it isn't deniable that the 360 and PS3 will be better.

Personally, I think those numbers apply only to the system specifications, and not the actual graphics output. One can achieve greater power with minimum specifications if they use it correctly. It really just comes down to how Nintendo uses the power in the box, or what is inside the box. We still don't know.

Psykhanimucha, I love your avatar.

Anyway, as far as the Revolution goes, my interest is definitely piqued, because of the ways it could breathe new life into the kinds of games I already like. First-person shooters? With the Revolution's controller, it would be just as good as, if not better than (provided it's done right), a keyboard and mouse. It'd certainly beat a gamepad for functionality in FPSs. This is what has me piqued about the Revolution.

That's not to say I'm not for game innovation and drastic change in the kinds of games this industry produces, but I still like me some action and stuff going boom. The Revolution looks like it could deliver such games in a new, fun way, and that's good in my book.

*goes back to play some F.E.A.R. and hopes something similar comes for the Revolution*