Resident EVIL

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
Again, the original RE is being remade. This time on the DS. And THIS time with actual innovations.

Begin discussion!

remember when they were doing that remake of the original RE on the oldschool gameboy. then capcom discontinued it or something.

Is this DS one gonna be a remake of the gamecube remake, or something original?

No, Capcom made Resident Evil: Gaiden for the GBC. It was its own game with its own story. For the time, it was a decent game. However, for today's standards, it really isn't that good of a game. Has a strange combat system where you have to time a moving bar to decide the accuracy of your shots.

Well, half assing would be porting the GCN version of it.

This, however, is almost a total teardown and rebuilding. They are making it RE4-style over-the-shoulder, with other stuff too. This isnt like RE1: Collectors Edition Director's Cut Greatest Hits Version Dual Shock Edition X.

I take back everything I said. It turns out only the knifing will be RE4 style. Otherwise its the same as the other FORTY RE1 REMAKES!!!

The Gamecube remake was awesome. I do acknowledge, however, that it seems like as time goes by, the RE gameplay before RE4 becomes more and more of an acquired taste. But it wasn't the gameplay that I was impressed with, anyway.

I didn't really start on any of the survival horror genre until I got the RE1 on GC. And that's the only one that's scared me. Lately, I've been trying to play Silent Hill 3, but I keep on getting hit by a train.

I never understood why so many people bitched about the controls in the previous REs. I never had a real problem with them. I've always love the REs except for the side-games, i.e. the Outbreak & Dead Aim games.

I liked Outbreak, though I do personally enjoy the Tank controls found in the Onimusha, Resident Evil and Silent Hill series.