release date VS quality

Some developers put out a date, only to keep pushing the date further ahead so they can get all the kinks out. That's much better than releasing it and having people complain about all the things that are wrong with the game. I wish more developers took the time to do that. It's a win for both sides. Developers can get better reviews, and the customers will be happier with the game.

It IS kind of annoying when a game keeps getting delayed, though! I mean, sure, I appreciate they are working out all the kinks before release, but sometimes it just makes me think they announced the game too early and should've waited more time.

Let’s say you’ve planned a release date of next January for a software release. (Yes, I know, we’re assuming the whole Maya thing comes and goes without any impact on you or your customers.) The date has been set by management and marketing is pounding the ground to build up the public opinion momentum for rushing out to buy the next software version on that date. What’s the problem? The problem is that a fixed software release date can hurt customers, quality of the product and even your budget for the project. How so?

I think that a lot of developers actually made this mistake before but are starting to correct their ways. Before, they tended to make sure that the game came out on a release date that they had told us about earlier. And the problem with that is that it meant sometimes the game just wasn't ready to be released. The game may be full of problems and it may just not be as good as promised before because they may have decided to remove some parts of the game to ensure it was ready for the release date. I don't think gamers care that much if there is a bit of a delay if the quality of the game is extremely good.

The problem most of these game developers have is that they are usually too greedy to have gamers money in their pocket which is why they will always rush the games and end up messing it up with a lot of bugs and glitches.

I was just wondering what other peoples views are on this.
Personally I would be more than happy to see game developers concentrate more on getting a game right, than pushing it out to hit a specific release date.
How many times recently have games been released only to find that they either don't work properly, don't play properly or generally just feel rushed and for the price of next gen gaming this isn't really acceptable.
I have never been a fan of getting video games rushed. It always makes the game to come out in a bad way which most times leaves the game to be breaking down. I rather have a game delayed for 2 years and it comes out well in good quality.