Question of the Day

So, you weren't writing about the 1951 original 'Angels in the Outfield' starring Janet Leigh (of Psycho fame) and Paul Douglas?

The Pocket said:
I could see this as becoming an Onion news item.

"This just in from a group of video game fanatics: The sky is blue because it looks nicer than green. The decision was made collectively by the group on their online forum. One geek put forward the motion that blue sky was better than green, and after a brief debate, and the quelling of a theory involving sunlight and wavelengths, the motion was seconded and carried. This is Doyle Redland reporting for the Onion Radio News"

Dude, that's one of my favourite podcasts. I listen to it every day. You have to throw in some quote from one of us though.

scribe999 said:
So, you weren't writing about the 1951 original 'Angels in the Outfield' starring Janet Leigh (of Psycho fame) and Paul Douglas?

No, I was referring to the 1994 "Angels in the Outfield" that my neighborhood watched almost every day when i was 6 or 7. (We tended to alternate between that and another baseball movie favorite of that time, "Ed." Gotta love a chimp that can play ball.)

There was an original Angels in the Outfield? Come on. The next thing you are going to tell me is that there was an original Miami Vice.

And Basil, nice job on the Onion item. Very funny.

Blue > Flurescent Green. Someone call the Nobels. I think we are on to something here.

Last edited:
Question of the Day:

What's your favorite radio station and what do they play?

My favorite radio station is www.krock2.com It used to be 92.3 in NYC but they lost Howard Stern so the whole format is now talk. So I have to get my tasty alternative rock from the internet.

kwilson said:
Question of the Day:

What's your favorite radio station and what do they play?

My favorite radio station is www.krock2.com It used to be 92.3 in NYC but they lost Howard Stern so the whole format is now talk. So I have to get my tasty alternative rock from the internet.

I thought 92.3 is now called "Free FM"? They play rock in the afternoons and evenings as far as I can tell, with that weird hybrid broadcast with their XM broadcast from Opie and Anthony in the mornings.

I don't listen to the radio much these days, and mostly then I listen to AM station 1010 WINS for news, etc. However, for a music station, I suppose I listen to Q104.3 FM in NY, the classic rock station, most often.

Yeah, they do play music sometimes but it's not what it used to be. It's all differendt kinds of rock, which sadly includes hair metal and even includes stuff from the 60s and 70s. It is not the same, but krock2 is so I stick with that and play CDs in my car.

I don't really have a favorite station, so I'll share the presets I have in my car ^_^

1) 90.3 National Public Radio (news, odd interesting stuff)
2) Q104 ("the best hits of '80s, '90s, and now")
3) 100.7 the Buzzard (everything rock)
4) 92.3 K-Rock (I think this was Katie's choice; alternative rock and the bestest morning show ever, Rover's Morning Glory. Used to be based in Cleveland, but now moved to Chicago)
5) 88.3 the Sting (a college radio station, I think. So it's whatever kind of music whenever. Sometimes its a lot of whiny emo XP ew.)

As for online radio, I usually tune into kawaii radio (kawaii-radio.net). Good anime/game OST selection, and your requests usually come up fairly quick. ^_^

http://www.edge.ca/

Go there now. And listen to the streaming. It's rated in the top 10 most listened to music stations in the world (due mainly to the web streaming).

And number 2 is CBC Radio 1, but mainly for their podcasts.

My firefox weather plug in shows a red, steaming thermometer as it's little image to describe the weather today and yesterday :p

I still can't get over seeing "105" on broadcasts and going "OMG!!! THey're boiling!!!"

Good ole 37 degrees... that's what our temperature readings say.

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite way to beat the heat?

Spend the day in an air conditioned room doing nothing more stenuous than reading.

my air conditioner at my house is desperately trying to keep it at 80, so getting out of the house and some place cooler is my option. My in-laws have a pool and one of those expensive air conditioner things that uses the temperature of the ground to help regulate the temperature of the house. It works incredibly well.