ps3 vs ps4

I guess that "exclusiveness" or making friends jealous thing works for kids, but when it's the parent deciding whether or not to fork over the extra cash, that isn't even on the list. We still enjoy PS3 and our PC games just fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(seventh_generation) really? ;) The Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6 and others prove their point.

Also all first party games. You have your Halos and the Forzas of the world, but that isn't going to stop Battlefield from being the best on PC (and designed from the ground up for it), and it isn't going to stop people from making games where they have to pay 0 licensing fees to anyone to make a game. Microsoft gives you a time that your game will be release for digital download. If you miss that window they will give you another one, months down the line. They also take a MASSIVE CUT of all of the cash coming in. PS4 is way nicer, mainly because they are more open to giving dev kits out and the release dates are only reserved for one month out of the summer (aside from that games come out on, I believe, Tuesdays).

The stream that we do on Wednesdays ends up being almost all weird smallers PC games in the slow months. That is how we ended up doing stuff like McPixel and One Finger Death Punch. Those are just games on steam that you can't find anywhere else. I understand that there are tons of tent pole games that only come out on consoles, but for shear numbers you can't beat the PC for exclusives.

The first and foremost benefit of buying a PS4 is the fact that it's more powerful than PS3. Ps3 is just old-gen now. Besides the sheer power, there are not many games that are coming on PS3 these days. So if you want to play the latest games, you'll have to upgrade no matter what.

I say buy a PS3 because of the price. I own both but the only real difference is that Ps4 charges for online and has a little bit better graphics but nothing major.

Well thanks for the honest advice. I've even read that they can merge the online networks but of course they won't do that because they charge for the PS4

Well thanks for the honest advice. I've even read that they can merge the online networks but of course they won't do that because they charge for the PS4

Honestly I try to think of PSN as my free game subscription that I way for. I spent way more on gamefly for way longer and never ended up with anything that I like nearly as much.

yeah you do have to drop that cash, but they're not going to stop making PS3 games anytime soon. Too much money on the table still.

I think you would be the best judge on whether to keep or let go of your old console, but if you feel like you've already used it to your heart's content then maybe you can sell it off while it still has significant value. I don't think it is a good idea, though, personally, because I know they are still making games for it and I myself still have lots of games on it that I still want to play. Also, I think it's much better to just keep old consoles for future use, but that's just me. Besides, there aren't too many games out for the new consoles yet anyway.

Personally, I think it's still a bit too soon to upgrade. If you're hesitant, than simply wait. The PS4 isn't going anywhere. The longer you wait, the cheaper it will get, and the more games you'll have to play for it when you finally do get it. The PS3 is still a very strong system, so make use of it while you can. If the PS4 could play PS3 games, I might encourage you to get a PS4 anyway, but that's not the case, so go ahead and milk the PS3 like crazy until you're dead tired of it. It's a fantastic system!

I agree, I don't believe that the price difference between the PS3 and the PS4 is worth it for the few things the PS4 can do that the PS3 can't. Maybe if I had the kind of money to be spending it on gaming consoles then it wouldn't really matter but right now I am contect with my ps3!

just wanted to get an opinion on the currently newest playstation's device ps4 and its benefits against ps3. dunno how about others, but I'm not that kind of guy who goes around and buys all the newest stuff. is it worth to keep ps3 or should I get rid of it asap, because its value will deteriorate?

There is no way I am going to use my money and purchase PlayStation 3 when there is already PlayStation 4 in the market for me to buy. Even if I don't have the complete money to afford buying PlayStation 4, I will still wait for my money to be complete before I buy it.