PS3 at the end of its life?

Discussion in 'Playstation 3 & Playstation 4' started by Picaleto, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Picaleto

Picaleto New Member Registered

I've been considering buying a PS3 so I can play some of the games my friends are playing (namely FIFA 16) although I fear the PS3 is near the end of its product life. It's becoming relatively old and I see Sony soon moving their focus entirely to the PS4. Is this an irrational fear given the huge numbers still using a PS3, or should I save for a PS4 instead?

2. ilivetofly

ilivetofly New Member Registered

I have a PS3, I bought one recently for £15. That is really cheap and so I would say yes the PS3 is getting near the end of its life and I wouldn't expect to see any additional games coming out for the PS3 in the future.

That being said the PS3 is a great platform and I bought it so I could pick up the PS3 exclusives that I never had the opportunity to play on my Xbox 360. Honestly it depends on how much disposable income you have and how much you care about playing the newest games in a higher quality.

3. Picaleto

Picaleto New Member Registered

Damn that's cheap, I've been looking more around the £75 mark. I suppose I should spend some more time searching around. I'm not entirely bothered about new releases, although keeping up with social pressures is a must. Thanks for your advice.

4. ilivetofly

ilivetofly New Member Registered

I got mine second hand and from the internet, it was all local and I went to collect it so thats added to how cheap I was able to get it for. I have mainly just been borrowing games from my PS3 playing friends but in time I will pick up the more exclusive titles. I wouldn't expect to see any new releases or much more support but if you plan on playing offline and single player games I would say go for it.