Playstation TV?

Fang

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
Is the Playstation TV in anyone's wishlist this holiday season? I think the Playstation Now service is neat! Streaming PS3 games for a monthly fee... I don't know, if it's speedy, doesn't lag and they offer a ton of titles, i'd probably want to get it.

It also plays Vita games! At $100, it's cheaper than getting the actual Vita, and I do want to play that Danganronpa...

Yes, by law I have to own one of these because it may be the most epic thing ever known to TV's
Apple TV....??? HOW ABOUT NO!!!! Thank you Sony.

I just bought one of the PSTV devices. I have to say I like it. It doesn't exactly has some of the applications it should (they need to hurry up with Netflix and Hulu). But it does have plenty for me. Plus I like being able to play my Vita games on my actual TV. But I have to say, some of those games don't look very good on the big screen. But at least the option is there.

I have to read more about this because this is the first I am hearing of it. Well that is why we have forums . To share ideas and learn more about what we are passionate about.. GAMING.

Check the compatibility list before you decide anything. For me there is not enough there to warrant it being my "core" Vita, but enough that as long as they support all new games going forward it is a "useful" streaming tool for the site. Also, just an FYI, when you launch an unsupported game or app (Netflix) it won't even let you in. Normally stuff like that will let you play with a broken game. This just tells you to fuck off.

I've wanted this ever since I first saw it released in Japan and I've really been waiting for them to release it worldwide ever since. Though, I'm not too much in a hurry because I can wait until I get a PS4 so I could use it for remote play as well that way. I think this is a very good idea on their part as I personally would probably never have purchased a Vita but the thought of being able to play Vita games on a TV screen is very appealing to me.

Is the Playstation TV in anyone's wishlist this holiday season?

I plan on buying one eventually so if I get it for Christmas, I'll be happy.

It also plays Vita games! At $100, it's cheaper than getting the actual Vita, and I do want to play that Danganronpa...

It doesn't play many Vita games. If you wanted to, you could just buy a Vita for $100 and have full library access, plus portability. You'd still be able to use PSNow all the same, as well as the stuff like Netflix and such.

I would get a PS TV if I had my entire library of PSP games in digital format. But since I spent years building up my UMD collection, I am not keen on re-buying digital versions of games I already own.

I would get a PS TV if I had my entire library of PSP games in digital format. But since I spent years building up my UMD collection, I am not keen on re-buying digital versions of games I already own.

Remember in Japan when they let you transfer most games for like 5 dollars? Remember how that didn't happen in the states. Good times.

You should watch the PlayStation Store sales on PSP games, they've discounted a lot as little as $0.99 over the last year or so. Could slowly, but surely rebuild the collection.

PSP games cost way too much off sales and sometimes even with sales as well. For instance, the PSP sports games are some of the worst offenders of high price years later. Seeing things like WWE/NBA 2K 2010 for $20 is a joke.

Granted, these are your only options if you want those games on your Vita as the Vita lacks its own version, but even MLB and FIFA games are similarly priced.

That is exactly what I am talking about. PSP games digitally are priced way too high for me to consider re-buying them. But let me tell you, I would love to play FFT or Tactics Ogre: LuCT or really another Altus or Square RPG on a PS TV.